X3AP Unlock framerate

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

shiftyoliver

X3AP Unlock framerate

Post by shiftyoliver » Tue, 7. Jun 16, 11:44

So apparently the FPS was locked to your monitor's refresh rate in Albion Prelude, but I want to unlock it past 60. Changing the settings in my ATI settings doesn't effect it all. Why would EgoSoft not give this option?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 7. Jun 16, 15:52

IIRC, the X3AP fps was not specifically locked to a particular refresh rate but was capped at 60 fps to prevent the (then) more-powerful gpus from running away and overheating when in low graphical content in-game screens such as menus and titles. Also setting V-Sync to 'on' can further limit in-game fps down to 30 if the 'natural' fps dips below 60.

Since many users do exceed 60 fps as shown in several X3AP Tech Sp reports, I would think that this cap can indeed be overcome somehow by forcing the graphics card settings in its control panel, or more likely by using an external tool such as RadeonPro or GeForce Experience, etc.

Hopefully somebody who knows how will assist you further.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Sairus002
x4

Post by Sairus002 » Thu, 9. Jun 16, 14:57

It's unquestionably V-sync. The game syncs to 74hz for me (my refresh rate), not 60, and looks smooth as silk when it actually stays there. The input lag however, is driving me insane.

It used to be possible to force it off with RadeonPro (CCC and Crimson have never worked) but that utility was abandoned years ago. There really needs to be an in-game way to disable V-sync

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”