System Traders In AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rmpow
x4

System Traders In AP

Post by rmpow » Tue, 14. Jun 16, 22:23

Hi all

I'm running the steam version of AP and my System Trader's (Trading Software 3) aren't trading anything. I made 3 and put them into systems with opportunities but they just do a check then return to standby. I have moved them to different systems and still the same. I have also changed the pilots for new ones. Even basic cell trading isn't happening in buy 12, sell 19 systems.

It is AP Steam with no mods, I have the Bankrupt Assassin start and still have the Paranid and Boron hostile to me but the other 3 races are fine.

There is money in my account.

Are they set to work differently (maybe very slowly at rank 1) than in TC?

Any Ideas?
What do you get if you listen to suggestions by players of Rebirth? Walking around stations in a space sim!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. Jun 16, 13:48

Moving from Tech Sp to Universe (gameplay) forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 15. Jun 16, 15:34

Can you tell us what sectors you have tried them in? (Ideally, you want them in sectors with multiple industrial tiers present, so SPPs, mines/farms, food factories, and tech factories, when possible - or as many of those as you can manage.) (Good sectors include Empire's Edge and Shore of Infinity [Paranid and Boron, respectively, so not of much use to you at the moment], but there are quite a few other very good ones.)

If your sector/local/universe trader has a homebase set, then it will use that station's account and not your personal account.

What are your trader's IFF options set to? If there are significant forces of anything set to "enemy" in the trader's command console, then the trader will stay safely docked. Your problem may be that there is Paranid and/or Boron traffic where you are trying to trade. You can get around that by disabling "set to enemy if enemy to me", and it will be ok as far as Paranid/Boron trade convoys go, but beware as any military patrol of those races will attack your ship.

You sound familiar with the script in general, from what you say, and the behaviour is pretty much the same as in the TC version. There is one addition in the AP version: you can define a blacklist of sectors for all your TCS3s to avoid, which you can access via a ST/LT/UT's command console under Additional Commands - it should be empty to begin with, but you may want to check it to be sure.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

rmpow
x4

Post by rmpow » Wed, 15. Jun 16, 16:58

Thanks for the reply.

Only Xenon were set to enemies but "set to enemy if enemy to me" was the one. I think in the past I would of pacified everything before starting sector traders up and never used this command.

Thanks again.
What do you get if you listen to suggestions by players of Rebirth? Walking around stations in a space sim!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 15. Jun 16, 21:00

I hope it helps :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”