X3AP space flies i dont find any

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Space100

X3AP space flies i dont find any

Post by Space100 » Sat, 18. Jun 16, 00:46

i have to catch ten space flies to mission.
i try to find but i dont see no one fly, in no one sector no suggests are usefull
are it a bug? please only certain true to where are they. (i want catch them or if it dont possible i buy them :(
Thanks

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 18. Jun 16, 01:06

Ah yes, them spaceflies... I've always found these to be around when you're not looking for them, and then nowhere to be found when you want some. The most common places to find them are in asteroid-rich sectors (such as Freedom's Reach, some of the Rhonkar sectors, Herron's Nebula, and just about anywhere with asteroids, as well as in asteroid-rich UFJD sectors.) Of course, you've probably already read this much elsewhere...

Now, I take it you need those spaceflies so that the nutty Split mechanique can build you that prototype, yes? Well, at this point of the game, there is an extra place to buy them, besides the usual ones. These "usual ones" are pirate bases, but they sell out quickly and don't get restocked, so you can usually only find them there for a short while after a pirate base has spawned (which happens only after a pirate base has been destroyed.) Now, if you have the Hub or another trade dock (such as a Corp HQ or a player HQ) and at least one level 4 ("Trader" rank) CAG, then you can add spaceflies to that dock's list of wares, crank up the buying price to maximum, and go about other business while you wait. If, however, you are in a hurry, there is also this:
Spoiler
Show
Soon after you reach the point in the plot where you need those spaceflies, they become available for purchase at one of two places: the Boron Military Outpost in Depths of Silence, or at the Strong Arms HQ in Thyn's Excavation. Which one is chosen randomly, I think. New stock is added to the station from time to time, so you can keep an eye on it and buy what you need - sometimes in one purchase, but sometimes you may need to buy twice.
Good hunting!
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Spaceflies

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 18. Jun 16, 18:14

That would be good if you find them like Myst says. You have to get one to make them a listing someplace so a Trader could sell them to you. I did that and no one ever came to sell them to me.

They are in stock when a pirate base first appears. I blew up a pirate base that would come back in the same place and watched for it to respawn. It took a little more than a game day. The Pirate Stock Exchanges come back in the same place. I made sure I had a positive pirate rating so it wouldn't be spawned red. Duke's Haven spawns red if you have a low pirate rating, though they don't have Spaceflies on the menu.

In future games you can buy them early and stash them somewhere. You have to be careful with them; I found that they disappeared easily. I think they get used up if you jump with them in the cargo hold. I did okay if they in a landed ship while the bigger ship jumped. They're fine just parked somewhere.

Good luck.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Spaceflies

That would be good if you find them like Myst says. You have to get one to make them a listing someplace so a Trader could sell them to you. I did that and no one ever came to sell them to me.

They are in stock when a pirate base first appears. I blew up a pirate base that would come back in the same place and watched for it to respawn. It took a little more than a game day. The Pirate Stock Exchanges come back in the same place. I made sure I had a positive pirate rating so it wouldn't be spawned red. Duke's Haven spawns red if you have a low pirate rating, though they don't have Spaceflies on the menu.

In future games you can buy them early and stash them somewhere. You have to be careful with them; I found that they disappeared easily. I think they get used up if you jump with them in the cargo hold. I did okay if they in a landed ship while the bigger ship jumped. They're fine just parked somewhere.

Good luck.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Good luck.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Spaceflies

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 18. Jun 16, 18:15

Good luck.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Spaceflies

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 18. Jun 16, 18:15

Good luck.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Re: Spaceflies

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 18. Jun 16, 18:54

Bill Huntington wrote: You have to get one to make them a listing someplace so a Trader could sell them to you.
Actually, you don't - just use 'Command Console -> Station Commands -> Dockware Manager' to add any ware/s you want without having to transfer any in. And it can be used from anywhere, so you don't have to be docked, or even in the same sector, as the dock in question.
Bill Huntington wrote: I think they get used up if you jump with them in the cargo hold.
Nope, they don't, but they DO get used before ECs if you use the Turbo Booster (very annoying! This is likely how they disappeared in your case, I expect), so it's a good idea to stash them somewhere - also because the player ship can get scanned, but other owned ships don't. Alternatively, if flying in a ship with docking bays, any contraband can be stashed in a landed ship and will never get scanned (the landed ship acts as a "false bottom" or "hidden compartment" - yes, I've been a smuggler :P ) I think you were suggesting this, yes, Bill?

Another way to collect spaceflies is to spend lots of time in places where pirates die a lot - they often drop contraband, though it's most often spacefuel or space weed. This method, however, is pretty much THE slowest option. :S
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Sirrobert
x3ap

Re: Spaceflies

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 18. Jun 16, 20:42

RAVEN.myst wrote:Nope, they don't, but they DO get used before ECs if you use the Turbo Booster
You can configure the turbo booster, and select what energy sources it should or should not use
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 18. Jun 16, 20:50

Not in the vanilla version. If it is there, I'd like to know the exact steps to accessing the configuration screen for it myself.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 18. Jun 16, 21:01

Jimmy C wrote:Not in the vanilla version. If it is there, I'd like to know the exact steps to accessing the configuration screen for it myself.
Indeed. The Turbo Booster uses Spaceflies first, if present. If not, it then consumes Energy Cells. In the absence of those, it feeds off shield energy. That is the exact hierarchy, and I know of no vanilla way to adjust it (the hotkey can be selected, that's about it.)

In a previous version (either X2 or Reunion, I forget which), you could select two hotkeys for it, one of which acted as the current one does (increasing the max speed and maxing out the current speed), while the alternative key would raise the upper limit but leave the current speed unchanged.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Space100

thanks to responses but

Post by Space100 » Sat, 18. Jun 16, 21:09

thanks for the answers, but I wanted to have the pleasure to hunt them

in space, apparently it is difficult to find them.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 18. Jun 16, 21:25

Hunting them IS quite fun, except for the fact that they are like cops - always around when you don't need them, never around when you do.

Just so you are totally up to speed on the actual method of hunting them:
Spoiler
Show
- Usually found in asteroid belts.
- Supposedly drawn to ship engines, so if you park in the middle of an asteroid field, they will supposedly be attracted to your ship - eventually. But that "eventually" can be very long!
- When they are buzzing around your ship, you have to zap them with a Ion Disruptor - it won't kill them, and it will bounce between them. I've found that, when I do this, I usually after a while end up with more stunned 'flies than I thought were there to begin with.
- Fly through them - MUST have Spacefly Collector (from Split equipment docks), and keep firing the Ion Disruptors to keep them stunned - they recover after a few seconds.
I can't think of anything else that may be of help. As you have discovered, actually finding them when you need them is the biggest part of the challenge. This is why I usually catch a few whenever I run across them (if I have IonDs on my ship.)

Space100 wrote: in space, apparently it is difficult to find them.
In space, no-one can hear you scream "Where the hell are these damned bugs?!?!"
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

RainerPrem
x4

Re: X3AP space flies i dont find any

Post by RainerPrem » Sun, 19. Jun 16, 16:59

Hi,
Space100 wrote:i have to catch ten space flies to mission.
i try to find but i dont see no one fly, in no one sector no suggests are usefull
are it a bug? please only certain true to where are they. (i want catch them or if it dont possible i buy them :(
Thanks
Some additional tips:

Cloudbase SW is another good sector.
If you choose to ally with the Yaki, they will provide the spaceflies (and the other wares needed at that point) for you free of charge.

cu
Rainer

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 20. Jun 16, 10:36

The best way to hunt for spaceflies is to park your ship close to an asteroid.

spaceflies generally fly around asteroids, and get attracted by your ships engines. And its easier to spot them when stationary

vexter
x4

Post by vexter » Mon, 20. Jun 16, 20:50

Get a ship that can dock your M3 equipped for spacefly hunting. Sit in that ship, in the middle of a bunch of asteroids, with seti running.

Being in a ship with ion seems to lower the chance of seeing them.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 21. Jun 16, 03:06

I just found myself in possibly the biggest spacefly swarm I've ever seen, in Trinity Sanctum. The irony is: in this game I'm playing Terran-only, so no CW ships, and therefore no Ion Disruptors - so, I won't be catching any... (The swarm hung around me for a couple of minutes, dissipated or left, then came back a couple of minutes later, hanging around for another few minutes [amended].)

EDIT: So, after posting this, I decided to see just how long this swarm would actually hang around (none of the previous ones I'd seen lasted longer than a few minutes, most of them less than that), so I put my meanderings on hold. 45 minutes and one SG-1 episode later, the swarm was still going strong, and showing no signs of thinning, making it the most (in fact, the ONLY) stable swarm I've seen to date... (Typical that it would happen when I am not hunting spaceflies, nor even able to, equipment-wise.) Now I've sat around long enough - time to move on. :)

EDIT: And now, two episodes of SG: Atlantis later, I'm being swarmed in Preacher's Refuge - another large swarm, and it looks like another "stable" one...
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Space100

the last try

Post by Space100 » Sat, 25. Jun 16, 18:04

vexter wrote:Get a ship that can dock your M3 equipped for spacefly hunting. Sit in that ship, in the middle of a bunch of asteroids, with seti running.

Being in a ship with ion seems to lower the chance of seeing them.
i will try this. but i'm afraid. all suggestions >> no space flies, i dont see no one :evil:

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 25. Jun 16, 22:48

Unfortunately, that's how it tends to happen: they're always around when you're not looking for them, never around when you want them - typical, huh?
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

spacetrucking
x3tc

Post by spacetrucking » Sun, 26. Jun 16, 05:46

Cycrow knows best !
Cycrow wrote:The best way to hunt for spaceflies is to park your ship close to an asteroid.

spaceflies generally fly around asteroids, and get attracted by your ships engines. And its easier to spot them when stationary
that's it !

Gruß Bert

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”