X3TC: Newb Question about Complex- ANSWERED

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SickSix
x3tc

X3TC: Newb Question about Complex- ANSWERED

Post by SickSix » Tue, 21. Jun 16, 18:32

So I am returning to the game after a year long break and man did I forget how deep this game is.

I am trying to set up some weapons factories (more for personal use) and can't get my hub to connect to more than two factories.

How do you connect factories together after placement? I have two gun plants connected to the hub. But can't get my missle factory to connect when placing the hub. So how do I connect two objects after the fact?

(Also it is very frustrating sometimes when all the guides tell you what to do but not actually how to execute the commands in the game.)
Last edited by SickSix on Tue, 21. Jun 16, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 21. Jun 16, 18:41

To connect two stations or a complex hub and a station you need a complex construction kit, which can be bought at any shipyard (it's a race independent ware). To use it, you either go to the special commands section of your TL (with the CCK aboard) and issue the "Drop station" command or you open its freight room and simply drop the CCK from there. Afterwards you have to select the complex hub and the station. For this to work the newly built station must be within 20 km of the complex hub, and you and your TL must be in the same sector as the stations.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 21. Jun 16, 18:45

The first two stations connect with the first CCK. After that every station you put down has to be connected using an additional CCK. In short, you need as many CCKs as you have stations, less one.

My missile complex in my current game has four stations, thus three CCKs.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

SickSix
x3tc

Post by SickSix » Tue, 21. Jun 16, 18:58

Timsup2nothin wrote:The first two stations connect with the first CCK. After that every station you put down has to be connected using an additional CCK. In short, you need as many CCKs as you have stations, less one.

My missile complex in my current game has four stations, thus three CCKs.
Thank you that is what I was looking for!

AleksMain
x3tc

Re: X3TC: Newb Question about Complex

Post by AleksMain » Tue, 21. Jun 16, 18:59

To set position of the dropping station use mini map of sector and Arrow keys of numpad (or Numeric keypad) to move station, Home key to zoom in (you will need it once), Ins key to rotate map (from horizontal to vertical view). Stations must be placed in nearby cells of grid. Exit of complex must be suitable for docking purposes.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 21. Jun 16, 19:08

You can also link two existing complex hubs (assuming they are near enough to each other) with another CCK. In this case, the first one you select is the one that remains in place.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”