Vanilla X3:TC or vanilla X3:AP or X3:AP XRM?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dubadam
xr

Vanilla X3:TC or vanilla X3:AP or X3:AP XRM?

Post by Dubadam » Thu, 23. Jun 16, 12:04

Just got a fresh install on my new ubuntu laptop. Was really surprised to see it working flawlessly on an integrated graphics card.
Now I wonder:
- should I finish the job and finally feed that pesky boron his quantum tubes?
- or should I explore the universe in all those new and fancy ships in X3:AP?
- or maybe the XRM mod has all I need?

I'm not that big of a fan of a pure sandbox experience, so a long plot (the more plots the better) is a big plus. But X3:AP has bigger variety of ships, and I don't want to miss that.
So the main question is: does the XRM mod have a good long plot? I don't have much time to figure it out by myself, unfortunately :(

Any advices are much appreciated :) Thanks in advance!

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Thu, 23. Jun 16, 13:45

You could use X3:AP to have all the best new features and ships and add the TC plots mod to AP.

Having just played through most of the TC plots, don't expect a great story or intriguing plots. Expect lots of random fetch and kill missions.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Thu, 23. Jun 16, 15:07

I can't say about XRM, but TC plots are better than AP plots, imo. Although I haven't had a decent run through of the AP plots yet.

I'm currently running AP and once I'm a good way through it will consider adding the TC plots.

Zaitsev
x4

Re: Vanilla X3:TC or vanilla X3:AP or X3:AP XRM?

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 23. Jun 16, 17:47

Dubadam wrote:So the main question is: does the XRM mod have a good long plot? I don't have much time to figure it out by myself, unfortunately.
In that case the answer is simple: No. Its main features are ship-, weapons- and various game tweaks, and it does not add any plots on its own, leaving you with the standard TC and AP plots. If you want plots you are better off with TC, as AP plots are few and relatively short compared to TC. There is a mod that will add TC plots in AP, but that's a discussion for the modding forum.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Dubadam
xr

Post by Dubadam » Fri, 24. Jun 16, 13:06

I've took a peek into XRM on TC and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the "balance" there. Fighters are way too fast and way too roomy IMO. Also, there is no place for a ship named Verdandy in the X Universe (ex-otaku here).

Now I think I have to take a look at TC campaign in AP mod...

Thanks again, everyone!

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 24. Jun 16, 16:38

Dubadam wrote:Also, there is no place for a ship named Verdandy in the X Universe (ex-otaku here).
[nerd mode]

Verdandi. From old norse Verðandi, she was one of the norns, or fate goddesses, who along with Urðr (Urd), and Skuld, decide the fate of gods and men alike. If I remember correctly the Verdandi is an ATF fighter, and since all the other ATF ships have names taken fron norse mythology I'd say it fits pretty well.

[/nerd mode]
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”