[Idea]X3 corporations and pirate clans

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joelnh
x3tc

[Idea]X3 corporations and pirate clans

Post by Joelnh » Thu, 30. Jun 16, 21:20

Is their rep tied to The race ranks?

I was wondering if it was possible to build off the phanon scripts, and make a version for each corporation.

I thought I brought this up before but couldn't locate it.

Another thought, individual pirate clans. Some get along, some don't.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 30. Jun 16, 21:40

Don't read in Litcube's mind. It's bad.

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Fri, 1. Jul 16, 00:48

The tricky part is that the amount of races that can be worked with is very limited and to truly have corporations or clans be a separate entity, you pretty much need them to be their own race. (mind you this is excepting LU since they can change the amount of races available)

It's likely possible to get around that with a lot of fakery but it's complicated and I don't think anyone has given it a try so far. It would probably involve dynamically switching the races of the faction objects around depending on which is fighting which but keeping track of their relations separately.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Fri, 1. Jul 16, 01:00

I forgot to mention, it would indeed be within LU.
I know it wouldn't be as easy as renaming scripts and script calls.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 1. Jul 16, 08:17

Take a look at my Rogue mod. There are 10 new races, each one is a corporation. What you want to achieve is very doable, but some stuff, like displaying the current reputation in the pilot screen, are hardcoded.

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Fri, 1. Jul 16, 10:57

Joubarbe wrote:Take a look at my Rogue mod. There are 10 new races, each one is a corporation. What you want to achieve is very doable, but some stuff, like displaying the current reputation in the pilot screen, are hardcoded.
You can actually get around that by using the old TC corporation reputation to display there. But that's kind of a pain to get to display in any kind of order, and you'd have to enable it through MD.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Wed, 6. Jul 16, 03:39

I don't know much about Litcubes but in my X3AP version I have added back in the corporation from X3TC. I was going to add in some more pirate clans like the Duke's, but pirate rep is so screwy that they didn't work like I thought they would. Turned out just as annoying and weird as Dukes did... Would require a lot of custom code, and possibly using up one of the real race slots as some type of work around the hard coded pirate behavior.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”