First capture ever, this noob needs help

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mannimarco
x4

First capture ever, this noob needs help

Post by Mannimarco » Tue, 5. Jul 16, 09:04

Yo all, i so happy! I scored my first capture ever, a super frieghter xl. I am so new to this game its stupid. I dont like marketing, i love police work. I only have 1k bounty collected on my license. Any advice suggested future endeavors? Game mechanics?
King of worms

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 5. Jul 16, 11:29

I guess that you are not playing X Rebirth which is where you posted this. Moving to the X Trilogy Universe forum. It helps to say what game you are playing if you want tips about it. There is also a lot of advice already provided in previous threads and Stickies on the Universe forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Tue, 5. Jul 16, 15:58

There are a few really useful guides listed in the sticky threads. Start there, then come back here and ask questions about the details. Most of us here don't bite....unless you clearly deserve it. The game has a rough learning curve, but there's a ridiculous amount of depth to it, and multiple approaches to almost everything.

Remember that the guides only tell you one or two possible avenues of approach; veteran players can often suggest several more which may be more practical for your exact situation, or not. I usually agree with the guides...at least to some degree, but don't necessarily play that way myself.

Note that depending on whose TS (Transport, Small) ship you boarded, and where you boarded it, you may have made several people (if not a whole race) rather unhappy with you. If you're playing a pirate or assassin type character, that might be a good thing, or a problem.

Mannimarco
x4

Post by Mannimarco » Tue, 5. Jul 16, 16:04

Woops, that would be x^3 tc
King of worms

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Tue, 5. Jul 16, 17:40

Since you don't like trading much I suggest to repair that XL freighter and send it to the next shipyard to sell it. With the money you can try to get better equipmet for your ship.
A nice way to get some money with your guns are "defend station" missions. The red crosshairs you may have noticed indicate that a station offers a gun heavy mission; including defending said station. Those do pay quite nicely (especially if you have a law enforcing license of the area) and they raise your reputation. The latter is important get access to better guns, shields and ships.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”