[X3AP] capturing ship and reputation, how to not lose reputation?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Space100

[X3AP] capturing ship and reputation, how to not lose reputation?

Post by Space100 » Sun, 17. Jul 16, 19:49

I wanted to capture some ships, but I lost reputation. I captured a TL (Paranid) but in a :pirat: pirate sector, I lost reputation. How to capture ships without losing reputation? :gruebel: (Unknown sectors ?) or in my HUB? :boron:

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Sun, 17. Jul 16, 20:29

In my game I capture ships of enemies only.

Any other ships I can buy, because my pilot has very good reputation among friendly races.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sun, 17. Jul 16, 21:30

Any time you capture a ship, it affects your reputation. Where you capture it alters the amount of reputation lost. Same applies to killing ships. You lose less reputation in Pirate and Unknown sectors.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 17. Jul 16, 21:33

As the others say, you can't capture a ship without losing rep. You just have to pick and choose who you're targeting so you can either do good deeds to counteract the loss, or so you don't care if you go into negative rep with that race.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 17. Jul 16, 21:41

You're shooting at someone. Why would that ever not affect your rep?
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 06:14

Hi,
Sirrobert wrote:You're shooting at someone. Why would that ever not affect your rep?
"shooting at" doesn't necessary result in losing reputation. The first hit is always interpreted as friendly fire.

Damaging a ship's hull does. In TC it's possible to board a ship with very little loss in reputation if all your Marines are 100 in engineering. You *can* board ships with 100 hull.

In AP you immediately lose 1% hull and one level of reputation (my experience, not looked into the scripts) when your Marines break into the ship. An unsuccessful attempt (Terran ships with hull polarization).

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 10:39

There is no way of boarding without reputation loss at all. But:
1. If you start boarding with rep level +8...+10 (or (+7) many %), the rep remains positive after the boarding operation.
2. If you accept one or two long-time missionв (e.g. building) before boarding and complete them after boarding, you restore or almost restore your reputation.
RainerPrem wrote:In AP you immediately lose 1% hull
Not really. I captured many ships without damaging hull in X3AP.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 12:38

Only if you used marines with 100 mechanical and engineering. Otherwise, there will be damage. It's just a question of how much and when.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”