[X3AP] a upgrade guide to capture? boarding

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Space100

[X3AP] a upgrade guide to capture? boarding

Post by Space100 » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 00:32

I'm trying to capture ships,:pirat: and various techniques, but I am inexperienced. :pisa: There is an updated guide for AP? I await your advice, veterans.:skull:
Thank you.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 00:40

AP and TC are exactly the same in this aspect, so just use the TC guide
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 07:22

There is one significant difference. In TC the outcome of each deck is rolled after the previous deck is completed. That's why TC capture guides advise you to save before your marines hit the next deck.
In AP, the full outcome is rolled as the marines enter the ship and start fighting. Hence, saving on each deck is a waste of SI in AP. You only need to save when your marines reach the ship, on deck 5 (it's useful for several reasons) and just before they finish hacking.

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 13:15

--------------------
See previous post for update of the next Boarding guide.
--------------------
I had found Boarding guide with calculations for X3:TC :
https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... ding+Hints
Below are small quotes from mentioned guide. I had not seen such detailed guide before.
Cutting The Hull
...if an Atmospheric Lifter, Valhalla or any other Terran/ATF TL/M2/M2+/M1 has a Hull Polarising Device there is a chance that even personnel with maxed Mechanical Skill and Boarding Pods will fail to cut through the hull. Hull cutting takes 22-40 seconds with a Hull Polarising Device adding an extra 6-9 seconds through the extra round of shield percentage checking.
Hacking The Computer Core

Despite all the audio played during the hacking process there are only three stages that count. If Hacking Strength ≥ Hacking Resistance then hacking proceeds to stage two. If Hacking Strength < Hacking Resistance there is a 2% chance of hacking proceeding to stage two, otherwise the boarding fails and all boarding personnel are ejected into space.

Hacking Strength = ƩBest + Second Best Hacking Skill (from all living attacker personnel)
Hacking Resistance = (Base Hacking Resistance*Racial Factor)+Random Hacking Factor+Advanced Firewall Software Bonus
Racial Factor Commonwealth = 1
Racial Factor Terran/ATF = 4
Racial Factor Xenon = 5
Advanced Firewall Software Bonus = 70

Stage two has an 80% chance of adding a 2-4 second delay to hacking if the target ship has the Advanced Firewall Software equipment. During stage three there is a 5% chance the safety will turn back on causing the boarding operation to fail and ejecting the boarding personnel into space. Ship ownership is then transferred. In total hacking takes 20-37 seconds + 2-4 from Advanced Firewall Software delay. This process means that personnel with no Hacking Skill still have a 1.96% chance to hack a ship and personnel with maxed Hacking Skill only have a 95% chance of success.
Words below so much explain for me ...
Fighting On The Decks
If Boarding Strength ≤ Boarding Resistance then the personnel "run out of ammo" and are all killed. If Boarding Strength > Boarding Resistance then any remaining target personnel are ejected into space for collection and the boarding personnel begin to hack the computer core...

Space100

thanks to response

Post by Space100 » Wed, 20. Jul 16, 07:20

I had found Boarding guide with calculations for X3:TC :
http://www.egosoft.com:8292/confluence/ ... ding+Hints
thanks, nice guide!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”