AP. Can I get over clocked Hyperion with humble merchant start?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

guzorc

AP. Can I get over clocked Hyperion with humble merchant start?

Post by guzorc » Tue, 2. Aug 16, 12:02

OK. So I have started as humble merchant. I have over 100 mill in my pocket and I want to start my own empire in an empty system. Whilst this is happening, I fancy a bit of bounty hunting. The super Hyperion would be good for this I think, but can I get it? From what I have read in forums so far, I would have to restart the game in poison paranid and loose everything I currently have. Is this the case?

UnknownObject
    x4

Re: AP. Can I get over clocked Hyperion with humble merchant start?

Post by UnknownObject » Tue, 2. Aug 16, 12:23

guzorc wrote:OK. So I have started as humble merchant. I have over 100 mill in my pocket and I want to start my own empire in an empty system. Whilst this is happening, I fancy a bit of bounty hunting. The super Hyperion would be good for this I think, but can I get it? From what I have read in forums so far, I would have to restart the game in poison paranid and loose everything I currently have. Is this the case?
      You can overclock any Hyperion if you find an engine tuning/rudder optimisation crate in a Pirate sector. There are 8 crates in random coordinates in 8 random Pirate sectors.
      It's a small chance that you find a secret tuning container in an UFJD sector.
      And during the Shady Business plot, when you jump from Lost Order to the Xenon Wreckage sector, you can dock (via Docking computer) your Acinonyx to Aran just as your board computer says that there is an anomalous cargo onboard. You get to that sector in your Aran, and if there is a Hyperion docked to Aran, you can collect tunings with it.

Sirrobert
      x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 2. Aug 16, 12:40

Hyperion's aren't for sale anywhere, but they do fly around. So train some marines and capture one
      9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

guzorc

Post by guzorc » Tue, 2. Aug 16, 13:07

Thanks guys but that's not quite what I mean. There is a "special" Hyperion that can be acquired along the poisoned paranid plot line. Can the mission that acquires that Hyperion be done as a humble merchant?

X2-Illuminatus
      Moderator (Deutsch)
      Moderator (Deutsch)
      x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 2. Aug 16, 13:29

No, it cannot be started as a humble merchant. The mission is gamestart specific.
      Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

guzorc

Post by guzorc » Tue, 2. Aug 16, 14:04

OK, thanks. Looks like I will just have to steal one then.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”