[X3R v2.5] Plot Bugged?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

[X3R v2.5] Plot Bugged?

Post by Cursed Ghost » Thu, 4. Aug 16, 00:04

hi all

So I have been replaying X3R and I’m currently up to the point where you have to build the mine in paranid space I got the message from the mining director saying we are loading the mine and will head out shortly but then nothing, no message to tell me the mine has been built I flew out to priest rings and the TL is just fluting in space doing nothing and when I scanned the ship there didn’t appear to me a station onboard, it appears as though the mission script has simply frozen is there any way to kick start it again ?

I’m running version 2.5 on win 7 pro n

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 4. Aug 16, 14:01

This is taken from Simon Moon's X3R plot guide in case something there helps (I think you are still in the first wait period mentioned in this excerpt):
Spoiler
Show
"Talk to him [Nolmancketnun] again, and then comes another wait period. You get another message that you should come back and talk to him, so do that. Then he tells you that the mine is being built, and that he had to use a different name on the papers for you. When you get that line, go through the east gate and then again through the east gate. The mine is built by then, and on your left hand side when you enter the system."
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Thu, 11. Aug 16, 22:34

As it turns out the game bugged and the plot script got frozen for some reason and instead of building the mine like it should the transport ship was just sitting priest rings doing nothing so i just bit the bullet and started again, loosing a whole bunch of progress in the process since it was a few days earlier when i saved last how annoying :evil:

In any even after replaying from my last save everything worked as it should and i was able to continue on.

if i had to hazard a guess as to what happen most likely the event that triggers the building of the station didn't fire because i was in sector and of course ego forgot to add a loop to check that the station got built as it should which then caused the script to brake because the next part can't triggers because the station didn't get built.

That's not the only bug I've noticed i have encountered others

for example having to issue the same order a half dozen times before it sticks and the ship does what its told for example I'll tell the ship to fly to sector the ship will go into auto pilot and then a few seconds later the auto pilot will switch off and then when you check command/action it says none.

trying to open a sector on the universe map and getting a different sector then the one i selected so for example I'll have say argon prime open then ill close that go back to the universe map and select home of light but instead of opening the sector map for home of light it will open argon prime again.

both of these glitches seem to be related to the same issue if you send commands to quickly the game messes up and fails to catch the command correctly seems to be something to do with running this on win 7 because i don't recall encountering either of these glitches on XP

seems a little more bug fixing is needed

I'm curious has anyone else experience either of these issues win X3R v2.5 on win 7 ?

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Thu, 11. Aug 16, 22:43

Cursed Ghost wrote:seems a little more bug fixing is needed
Heh, that is extremely unlikely. Maybe 10 years ago.
Cursed Ghost wrote:I'm curious has anyone else experience either of these issues win X3R v2.5 on win 7 ?
No I haven't. Not that issues don't exist though. For example X3:AP, the plots added with the Shady Business update are extremely buggy for me. Often requiring me to restart the plot to make it work. Which brings me to the main point of this reply: Remember to save often and in different slots.

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Thu, 11. Aug 16, 23:21

Heh, that is extremely unlikely. Maybe 10 years ago.
with regards to minor issues fair enough

However for critical errors, the sort of problem that completely brakes plot missions resulting in players to have to start over because there is no way to recover from the error, these should be fixed no matter how old the game is, and clearly there are still a few outstanding issues that are causing the plots to brake.

the irony here is if I'm right about what happened then the fix should actually be relatively simple, admittedly I'm only basing this on my subjective observations but it seems to me that the event that triggers the building of the station only fires once and if for what ever reason that gets interrupted then the script brakes

the fix then is to simply place that event in a loop such that if anything interrupts the event and stops the station from getting built then the event will trigger again after short delay and will keep triggering until the station gets correctly build and the built flag gets set to true and the loop exits.

if i had a little more programming knowledge I'd fix it my self, but my knowledge of programming is pretty rudimentary i understand the fundamentals well enough which is about as much as I need to know as a HND web designer/developer
Remember to save often and in different slots.
indeed :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”