Earn Fast Cash in X3 - Reunion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

malinson
x3tc

Earn Fast Cash in X3 - Reunion

Post by malinson » Mon, 8. Aug 16, 17:03

How would you like to earn hundreds of millions of credits in X3-Reunion in a very short period of time?

Now, what kind of stupid question is that; of course you would.

No; no piracy is involved; you don’t need to amass a vast trading fleet, cap ships or build hundreds of factories. In fact, doing that way assures that you will most likely never see hundreds of millions of credits for a very long time to come.

After a few hours of roaming the universe, collecting and selling all the freebie floating crap, as well as ships Egosoft decided to just leave for you to take, you will have more than enough credits to get your cash cow started early in the game.

If you dock at a Teladi station do look in the message system until you find a donation option that will enable you to literally purchase a good reputation; one good enough to purchase from the Teladi Dream Farms and Bliss Places.

Naturally, it takes a great deal of time and energy to make space weed. However, you only need to link enough Bliss Places to your hub that will enable your complex to warehouse a freighters hold.

Also, as your wealth increases, you can expand your hub’s storage capacity to suit the hold of a superfreighter, but do not go beyond that, nor bother with other factories such as Solar Power plants; Bliss places and Dream Farms are all you really need.

Speaking of Dream Farms, you really don’t need to match them with the Bliss Places so that they can keep up with production. Since you will be using your factory as a warehouse more than anything else, an efficient production system is, quite frankly, a waste of time.

Acquire a police license from the Argon faction and construct your first factory in a very distant location in argon territory, preferably in a sector that is sparely populated.

If you build too close to traffic lanes or patrol routes, you risk having your factories attacked by argon military forces. However, if you’re reasonably far enough away that will never happen.

When you finally get your initial factory built, set your selling price to a minimum and park your fighter next to your hub. You also want to keep a spare freighter docked on your hub as well.

Having a docking computer and transporter device on these ships is very helpful but not crucial when you’re first getting started. However, you WILL need a freight scanner.

There will be considerable time that will pass when first open in which nobody shows. Do not get discouraged from that boredom and use the time to build your Spaceweed stock.

Whenever you spot small ships docking, raise the price of your spaceweed too maximum just before they dock. After they dock, drop it back down again. Believe me, you don’t want to hassle with the small ships.

What you are looking for are superfrieghters; they are the gold standard and will come once your stock is of sufficient volume. If you find yourself in a pickle and need extra cash, you can go after the smaller freighters; however, you will be in a battle.

During the battle, keep telling them to drop their freight as they do so in fractions. Although you won’t get all your spaceweed back, you will get a chunk of it back on top of the money you got for it.

Superfreighters in X3-Reunion never go red when you scan them and will drop ALL of their spaceweed upon request. Using your own freighter that’s docked, you can collect and return the stock back into your hub. You will eventually need a superfrieghter of your own as the volume of spaceweed you’ll be dealing with far exceeds normal transporters.

Also, you might find the need to have a single superfreighter docked on your hub for the explicit purpose of expanding the capacity of the hub. Sometimes two superfrighter customers show up and when the first one docks you can transfer the extra spaceweed into the hub so that the second superfreighter has something to buy.

Things can get hectic as these superfreighters keep showing up, so get used to developing a good dance routine. Things won’t be boring at that point and the money you will be collecting will be astronomical. Also, your reputation from the various races that buy that spaceweed will increase along with your merchant rank.

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Fri, 12. Aug 16, 00:50

an even simpler though less profitable way to go about this is to just hang around outside the spacefuel factory in Herons nebula and then do the same thing this is better at the start of a game when you are strapped for cash especially since you have 2 pirate bases near by in Ore Belt and Atreus Clouds where you can sell off confiscated cargo

while space weed is more valuable at the start of a game you are better to do this with spacefuel as that is cheaper and simpler to make requiring only e-cells and wheat it also takes up less cargo space so is easier going until you can afford to buy a 15000 ton Dolphin Super Freighter to do the collection work

But i agree with you, you can make a small fortune by scanning smugglers ships and confiscating there illegal goods and then reselling it though this does get a little boring but its a good way to work your way up to having a 5 or 10 UT which will make you millions per hour with no intervention on your part especially if you are using Caiman super freighters which have the best combination of speed and cargo capacity in X3 Reunion

malinson
x3tc

Post by malinson » Fri, 12. Aug 16, 14:34

I did that space fuel station for a time but it eventually wears on you.

Speaking of small fortunes, I collected in a few days of game play enough money to purchace that sector that was in bidding. At that time I only had a total of 14 factorys and no traders.

It was up to 600,000,000 at the time and although I could enter the race to purchace it I am hesitant as I don't actually like the sector to be perfectly honest with you. I prefer a certain Unknown Sector.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”