X3AP 3.1 - Joystick axis values not getting maxed

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

ISAvsOver

X3AP 3.1 - Joystick axis values not getting maxed

Post by ISAvsOver » Wed, 10. Aug 16, 15:27

Hello guys,

First of all, sorry for the weird phrasing in the title but my problem is really hard to describe for me :D .
I found that if I use my keyboard for controlling my ship I can turn and roll much faster than when using my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I did check with the Windows built-in tool and all axis work fine.

Right now im playing with mods but they shouldnt be the culprit here, also I think the problem was already there before modding.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 10. Aug 16, 22:34

Just a hunch here, but I would guess that when using keyboard you are sending simple fixed turn/roll on or off signals, but with a joystick you may be instead sending turn/roll rate demand information that depends on the relevant axis deflection. You might be able to scale the rate to deflection response in the stick command console settings and/or may perhaps have to reduce the axis deadzones to get a faster response to stick movement.

I suspect that if you assigned those commands to a joystick button (on/off) then you would get the same response as with the keyboard.

Maybe have a chat with this player.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ISAvsOver

Post by ISAvsOver » Wed, 10. Aug 16, 23:53

Thanks for your reply;

Where do I find the stick command console settings? Are you talking about ingame or Windows settings?

OK after your comment I played around with the ingame options and it turns out that the "Joystick Sensitivity" option controls what I ment. The only problem is that you cant edit the (non)linearity. If you turn it down, it decreases the maximal value as well which is pretty stupid if you ask me

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Fri, 19. Aug 16, 20:53

Are you using the software from Logitech the profiler?

although I think nowadays its called set point?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”