Increasing HUB capability

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

firefightervf06
x3tc

Increasing HUB capability

Post by firefightervf06 » Wed, 17. Aug 16, 06:35

Hi, I've read through the couple posts about increasing the size and they say to go into the "types\global" in the .cat and .dat folders but I have searched and searched and can't find those. I found the types
global but there's nothing in there besides for my Mars script stuff. Where do I look or is there a mod out there I can just download for this? Thanks!

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Wed, 17. Aug 16, 11:22

To change the globals file you need to first extract it out and then modify the values in it. To extract it you need to download X3 Editor 2, install it and set it up so it points to your game directory.
After this has been set up, in X3 Editor 2 open the plugins menu at the top and select the Cat Manager. In the VFS window that appears navigate to the types folder. You should see a file named Globals.
Before you extract it go to your X installation folder in Windows and if there is not a subfolder called 'types', make it. Now you can drag and drop the Globals file from the Editor into the types folder.
The extracted file should be called Globals.txt, so open it with a text editor like notepad. Scroll through the file and you should find a line that looks like this

Code: Select all

SG_HUB_STORAGE_FACTOR;6;				// Terraformer Hub    Storage Multiplier
Change the number 6 to something higher and that will increase the storage capacity of the hub in the game.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

firefightervf06
x3tc

Post by firefightervf06 » Wed, 17. Aug 16, 13:48

Got it! I didn't do the drop thing but opened it and changed the numbers then saved it over itself. Should I not have done that? Thanks btw. I read through almost 100 page on forums trying to figure it out but none explain it at all.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Thu, 18. Aug 16, 09:09

The reason you drag it out is since if you do that it will leave the base game copy intact, and if you want to revert the changes all you have to do is delete the file.

Doing it your way will still work, however it changes the base copy of the file, meaning to revert it in the future you will have to remember the change you made and undo it.

So while your way will work it is not best practice to do so. However since this is only a one line change it doesn't really matter too much.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”