X3TC - Save Files Dates switched from UK to US format...

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

longserpent
x4

X3TC - Save Files Dates switched from UK to US format...

Post by longserpent » Sat, 20. Aug 16, 16:29

Just started playing X3TC again after a few months off - noticed that all my save files listed in the "Continue" menu are suddenly displaying as US format instead of UK format.

e.g. 20-Aug-16 displayed as 08/20/16 instead of 20/08/16

Have just installed 3.2d patch and this makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 20. Aug 16, 21:10

My saves show US date format in-game too (both for Steam and UK DVD versions), but then I thought that they always have done.

Same for X3AP including no-Steam modded games.

Of course if you look directly at the save files using a Windows screen then they will display their date of origin in whatever format you set up in Windows.

I vaguely recall that this might be because, although they had different publishers, the US DVD version could play pretty much with the same feel in the UK but not necessarily the other way round.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

longserpent
x4

Post by longserpent » Sun, 21. Aug 16, 11:06

You may be right, it was 05-Dec last year when I last played, and I as surprised to see the game reporting 12-May-15 which did not tally with my logbook entry.

Since then, the only major disturbance was that I had to restore my machine from a system image because of Windows 10 failing to work on my hardware (looks like a graphics card problem)...

Here is a novel idea, maybe EGOSOFT should sort out the regionalisation so it matches the systems one.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”