A couple of questions about wrecks and beacons in albion prelude

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

joseph99

A couple of questions about wrecks and beacons in albion prelude

Post by joseph99 » Thu, 1. Sep 16, 19:13

Hi all. I suppose these aren't your normal questions but i'm hoping someone can shed a little light on these. Help confirm if my instincts are correct about how the game works.

Wrecks. I know they are randomised. That's not a problem. I'm currently flying around in a spring blossom with a triplex, mapping sectors and scavenging. I've found quite a few wrecks already. 1 khaak corvet, probably about a dozen scouts, 2 falcon prototypes... and a couple more.

The thing is, i'm finding multiple of the same wrecks. They're even kitted and damaged identical following one or two presets. Do these wrecks respawn after they're discovered or something? Cause it certainly looks like it.

Also. Regarding jump beacons. Are player owned ones spawned randomly in places or are they being dropped by ships i'm killing? Because I've found a few just flying in space, green, id'd as "your Jump Beacon". I've even figured out I can scoop these things up and relocate them. I just don't know where they came from and i'm trying to figure out how to get more.

Edit: Ok, thas weird. I was just reading that jump beacons are looted from special ships. Have also just read that the wrecks are randomised at the game start.
That doesn't match my experience nor what I've seen.

I just found my second falcon prototype a while ago. It was identical to the first. That one lone identical weapon, shields, damage, upgrades etc. I've got both docked at the military base on the moon atm, untouched, as I discovered them.
When I found the second one. I swear I saw it on the nav map and it was the only thing there. About 50k to the north east of the sector. When I got close to it then ejected to claim it, that's when I noticed in my radar that a jump beacon was right on top of it. I never killed any ships in that sector and that was my first time there so it can't have been dropped as loot. So where did it come from and how did it just suddenly appear like that????
Last edited by joseph99 on Thu, 1. Sep 16, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 1. Sep 16, 19:40

What mods are you using? Player-owned jump beacons do not occur in vanilla until you board and capture an RRF capital ship with one. Certain mods would also explain so many and so obvious abandoned ships.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

joseph99

Post by joseph99 » Thu, 1. Sep 16, 19:59

Ahh. I have already capped an RRF ship. Yes it had a jump beacon. That's where I got my first. The other 2 were just floating in space but. One in a terran sector, one in an argon sector, near argon prime.

Mods i'm running atm are

Cockpits
Pirate guild
Yaki armada
Race wars
ADS
STO
Improved khaak
Improved boarding
Bribe a pilot

That's it but i'm not sure if they actually do anything like this. It's def not in the description for them. I don't like loads of freebies. I like to work and earn stuff.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 1. Sep 16, 21:24

I definitely suspected mods and scripts somewhere because *player-owned* jump beacons do not just appear floating in vanilla, nor does the frequency and ease of finding so many free ships sound likely without either mod-enhanced numbers or the use of cheats or scripted loot/freebie locators.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 1. Sep 16, 21:48

If "problems" were "vanilla", then Alan would probably recall seeing similar reports earlier.

It might not be any single mod intentionally, but once you have many the chance for unexpected combinations increases.

PS. The "wreck" in the title made me think of the real wrecks in certain sectors, rather than the abandoned, but quite functional ships.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 2. Sep 16, 10:48

Oh wait a sec, taken from the OP edit: " .. noticed in my radar that a jump beacon was right on top of it [an abandoned ship]."

That sounds like that should have been an advanced satellite rather than a jump beacon. One of the loot/free ship finder cheat scripts not only gives you the coordinates of all floating loot and freebie ships, but also places a player advanced satellite next to each of them so that they always show up on the radar.

I suppose that it would be easy enough in the script to change the placed player-owned marker object from an advanced satellite to a jump beacon and that script could then have been incorporated within a larger mod suite. <shrugs>

Heh. I thought you said that you liked to work hard and earn your stuff? :roll:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”