X3AP - Question re. Terran Commander start

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dadmod
x3ap

X3AP - Question re. Terran Commander start

Post by dadmod » Wed, 14. Sep 16, 21:12

I am rated as a Federation enemy by the Argon. Is there any way to lift that rating in order to eventually buy Argon goods? I have completed several missions for Argon employers but my rating remains a big fat zero! (Similar to the poisoned Paranid start with the paranid rating until completing the "cure" requirement.)
Is there hope? :(

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 14. Sep 16, 21:49

Search google with "site:egosoft.com Terran Commander start reputation".
Those hits claim that there is some hope.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 14. Sep 16, 22:56

When you're at the bottom of the rep list, missions won't help. You need to kill enemies of the Argon while in Argon space. To get started, hunt pirate ships flying through Argon border sectors to avoid having the Argon military hunting you at the same time. Elena's Fortune is an excellent sector due to the number of pirates that often fly through.

Taking assassination missions where the target is in Argon space is another good way.

Another option is to kill Terran ships in war sectors that the Argon claim. This will drop your Terran rep, but if you then do missions for the Terrans, you can raise it up again. Rinse and repeat.

Once you get from level -5 to -4, missions will start working again and your rep increases should accelerate.

Good luck. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

don911058
x4

Post by don911058 » Thu, 15. Sep 16, 12:01

Another option is to destroy Xenon ships in Argon space. The benefit of this is that you won't get a hit with Pirate rep (if you're the good relations type) and the distance you have to travel won't be too far (a certain Argon border sector commonly invaded by the Xenon is close to a war sector). Good luck!

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Thu, 15. Sep 16, 14:19

don911058 wrote:Another option is to destroy Xenon ships in Argon space. The benefit of this is that you won't get a hit with Pirate rep (if you're the good relations type) and the distance you have to travel won't be too far (a certain Argon border sector commonly invaded by the Xenon is close to a war sector). Good luck!
The Xenon invade Black Hole Sun massively after one of "Shady Business plot" missions. So it's very easy to get positive rep there.

dadmod
x3ap

Post by dadmod » Thu, 15. Sep 16, 14:48

Thanks !!

dadmod
x3ap

Post by dadmod » Thu, 22. Sep 16, 13:04

Sitting in Black Hole Sun at the north gate is risky (being an enemy of the Argon) and not very productive given the low frequency of Xenon forays and the quick arrival of Argon self defense forces! However, I am making progress on raising my dismal Argon rating in Getsu Fune, an Argon sector, by taking out Xenon there... :D
We'll see how it turns out...

don911058
x4

Post by don911058 » Thu, 22. Sep 16, 18:05

Great job! Just a few good kills should get your ranks up quick and enough where the Argon forces will stop attacking you on sight in border sectors. You should also then see Argon missions available that will help the rep so you don't have to fight Xenons anymore (for now, lol). Have fun playing in the Commonwealth sectors...

dadmod
x3ap

Post by dadmod » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 13:59

Aye! Success!
Am now a "Hero of the Federation". It was a long hard slog.
Taking out Xenon in Getsu Fune was the key discovery.
:D

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Wed, 28. Sep 16, 13:42

Nice work! Did something similar a while back and jumped between Black hole sun and Getsu Fune. As long as I stayed 10km north of the gate in black hole sun Argon forces left me alone.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”