Playing other games

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Video Not Safe for Work

Post by Santi » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 03:16

Video Not Safe for Work.

I thought Goat Simulator was silly and totally resisted the impulse to buy it to check why it was so popular (went viral), lets see what happens to this one, already seen in facebook.

Genital Jousting, early access game on Steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHba2ntTisc

*Edit, better wording.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Video Not Safe for Work

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 10:53

Santi wrote:Video Not Safe for Work.

I thought Goat Simulator was silly and totally resisted the impulse to buy it to check why it was so popular (went viral), lets see what happens to this one, already seen in facebook.

Genital Jousting, early access game on Steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHba2ntTisc

*Edit, better wording.
The first time the youtube video protection did something good for me (the video is not played for me, unless I log in to confirm my age). With that video description I'm happy to not have seen it. The comments about the game/video are worth a read though.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Thu, 2. Feb 17, 22:18

For some reason, despite my grumbling and moaning about Portal, for some strange reason I picked up Portal 2 during the Christmas sale (Alright, not so strange - It was about £2), and I can definitely see the appeal in that game. Whilst I found the humour and puzzles and general 'game' lacking in the first title, the second has more than enough of each - Despite being pretty much the same, but more. It was good fun, but I definitely wouldn't have paid anywhere near full price for it.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 13:14

Got Witcher 3 for Christmas and was hooked for several weeks (2nd n+ playthrough) and just started W1 and downloaded W2 just for the story. It's fun ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sun, 5. Feb 17, 10:29

Dishonored and Dishonored2

- a MOST excellent game.. 8)
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Mon, 6. Feb 17, 11:29

gone back to playing DayZ, need a break from Elite and I find DayZ really grounds you back into the gritty edge of gaming

Viridian Knight

Post by Viridian Knight » Tue, 7. Feb 17, 00:14

Firefall imploded. Medicated with Stardew Valley. Now enjoying Empyrion.

Empyrion is still in alpha, but I've definitely got my moneys worth. Still working on figuring out why every ship I design and build turns into a flying block while others ... well they have some real talent. On the plus side, I can download their blueprints, instantiate, and learn it's pretty hopeless I'll ever come up with anything close.

Now base design and construction, both planetary and orbital, I got a shot at producing something that doesn't illicit expressions of sympathy.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 27. Feb 18, 00:48

Anyone playing Kingdom Come Deliverance?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/kingd ... eliverance

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 27. Feb 18, 01:38

Playing Path of Exile on the Xbox, right now, while waiting for Bannerlord and X4. :)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 27. Feb 18, 09:14

burger1 wrote:Anyone playing Kingdom Come Deliverance?

It looks interesting, but I hear it's a bit buggy, so I'm holding off until they fix some of the issues.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Tue, 27. Feb 18, 14:31

For some reason I've been playing the Wolfenstein games. The new ones are OK except that they suffer from unskippable cut scenes that do get on your nerves a bit on a replay.

I started with "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" (which reminded me that we used to have forum member games of "Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory" - I used to get killed a lot! ) and on to the three new ones:- New Order, Old Blood and New Colossus - all picked uip in steam sales.
A flower?

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Tue, 27. Feb 18, 18:33

burger1 wrote:Anyone playing Kingdom Come Deliverance?

Pretty good game, got it in the kickstarter campaign ages ago. So far I am very happy with it, some loading times issues, a few bugs and graphical glitches, but nothing game breaking so far. Rewards some grinding at the beginning in order to make your life easier later on. Save system is tough, so expect going back to a save game several hours ago a possibility if you are not careful.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 27. Feb 18, 22:09

Ark Evolved - egads, but it's hard work..!! :fg: :thumb_up:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 3. Apr 18, 14:40

- I'm up to level 65 in single-player Ark
- just tamed a giant Argentavis bird that I'm using to transport stuff about..
- the game looks to be optimised for nVidia cards, but the AMD480's handle it well..

- tough game! :D :thumb_up:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 3. Apr 18, 23:20

I've been thinking about getting "Surviving Mars." It looks darn good!

Aavak's doing a series on it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTt6ZHXvWCI

It's also on XBox, of all things. Probably the most complex builder/rts on that platform, so far.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 09:05

Morkonan wrote:Probably the most complex builder/rts on that platform, so far.
I doubt it--Cities: Skylines has been available on XBox One for a while now. If Surviving Mars is more complex than *that* then it'll be borderline unplayable! :wink:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 16:45

pjknibbs wrote:
Morkonan wrote:Probably the most complex builder/rts on that platform, so far.
I doubt it--Cities: Skylines has been available on XBox One for a while now. If Surviving Mars is more complex than *that* then it'll be borderline unplayable! :wink:
It's more complex *, as far as I can see. Haven't played either, but have watched plenty of "Let's Plays" and the like.

As far as "unplayable" it looks fairly solid on XBox. There are a few complaints with some wonky controls and camera angles at times, but once players get past those things, they seem to really love the game on the console.

Micro$oft, according to their statements, is preparing for mouse&keyboard support options for XBox... If so, that would be a pretty big deal, opening up a slew of options and effectively turning their console into a gaming mini-pc, which they have been reluctant to do. With their restructuring and vastly reduced focus on Windows as a product, I can easily see them looking to redirect some interest for _Box consoles replacing PCs.

Anyway, take a look at the game and see what you think if you're a fan of builder/rts sorts of things. I'll probably get it soon, so will report on it. (Still tied up with Path of Exile these days.)

* Complex as in game mechanics. Skylines has some interesting dynamic geometry stuffs, but there's some of that as well with Surviving Mars. I don't think that part of the game is as "complex" as Skylines, but the mechanics underneath everything look to be pretty robust. It's a "different" sort of game, though. And, it is, after all, a Paradox game, so you know it's gonna have some crunching going on under the hood.

Edit-Note: After looking at it a bit more closely, I'd recommend waiting on Surviving Mars for right now. I'm thinking Paradox is going to give it the full "Paradox Treatment" with add-on content, slews of skins, yadda yadda... Which, to be honest, ticks me off. While there are a good number of play hours in the game, according to what I've seen, the full "content" kind of treatment one might expect could be a little slimmer than it originally presented itself as having. Reserving judgement until the fifteenenthiests skinpack/expansion comes out.. :/

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 17:24

You know I don't really buy games any more, they just come with so much crap. So I basically just play older games and I have plenty of them.

Lately I've I started a new game of Skyrim. I also just did the event with Euro Truck Simulator. But the game that has surprised me the most is a game that I did buy at Christmas which is Stardew Valley. Just love the game, I've managed to accumulate 423 hours since Christmas, which probably puts it into my top ten most played games ever and it only cost me £7. It has no loot boxes, no micro-transactions, no DLC you have to buy, no crap just an enjoyable game to play.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 00:06

I bought all the "Steam Link" streaming stuff.... just to play Civ IV mods on my TV from my couch. Still haven't put the 'puter together to do it, though, and the streaming stuff is still in the boxes it came in. :) Skyrim should look awesome, though, once I get the setup complete. (REAL Skyrim, with mods and graphic enhancments. I really need to get a new 'puter up-and-running, just for that!)

I recently d'loaded "Crusader Kings II" thanks to the freebie announcement thread. Still free for a day, so grab it quick! I'm looking forward to experimenting with it.

These days, I too refrain from games heavily laden with DLC and extra-purchase "packs." I'd rather play old games with good "mods." Because publishers are eager to cash in on products that yield an ever-constant revenue stream enabled by extra purchases, I think that "mods" are somewhat endangered. There will always be smaller devs that encourage that, since it promotes their product, but I wonder what large publishers are going to insist on doing? Will they start actively working against "modders?" Will more of their stuff be pushed to "the cloud", perhaps, or even to console now that Microsoft has announced it's de-emphasis on Windows, to further limit market choices to only what they can charge for?

Interesting times.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 13:31

CK 2 can be hard to get into, definitely recommend watching some "Lets Play" where they go through the basics of it, so you can get a feel. I've never *really* gotten into it that much.

Return to “Off Topic English”