getting Albion prelude to work with mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

firefightervf06
x3tc

getting Albion prelude to work with mods

Post by firefightervf06 » Fri, 23. Sep 16, 04:09

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've used the PM for tc for several months now and decided to go to AP. I had downloaded AP originally and it took me forever to get the PM to work with it. I had to transfer the folders and files to a separate location then verify the files cuz it said I was missing the exe. I finally got the PM to load that directory and loaded some scripts and mods but when I go into the game it wouldn't show any. And yes I did check to have it play modified not vanilla. I also tried to start the game through the PM and it keeps failing. I read that someone else here had the same problem and was able to get help with it. I couldn't understand what she did though. So at this point I completely removed AP from my computer and only have TC installed. Someone please help!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 23. Sep 16, 10:11

did you copy AP out of steam ?
and if so, did you use the nosteam exe?

if you used the standard steam exe, then it'll default to the steam install directory, not the actual location of the exe you ran.

This would mean it wouldn't find any of the scripts you installed, because they would be in the wrong place

firefightervf06
x3tc

Post by firefightervf06 » Fri, 23. Sep 16, 23:11

What do I do for the no steam exe? Right now AP isn't installed so once I know what to do I'll install it. Thanks!

Jaycen_Aelis
x3tc

Post by Jaycen_Aelis » Sat, 24. Sep 16, 07:56

All right, I'll give this a shot here. :)

1) Copy your ENTIRE Albion Prelude folder from your Steam folder (/SteamApps/Common) to another directory. I find C:/Games works well, because that way you can avoid any Windows freakouts over "Admin Privileges" or anything like that.

2) Download the PM, of course, as you've done. Make sure you've got it pointing to your NEW AP directory, not the Steam one.

3) Download the NoSteam executable from here (http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3ap/bonus_en.php) <-- this allows you to run from that new directory without calling back to the Steam directory.

4) When installing mods, if not using the Plugin Manager, make sure the mods are installed to your *addon* directory, *not* the main directory. For example, my path:

C:\Games\X3AP\ADDON <-- last bit is important. Any .cat/.dat files go there, and scripts and t files go inside the scripts and t folders inside the addon folder.

That *should* solve your problem. If it doesn't, check back here and I'll see what I can do! ^_^
Argon Explorer

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”