Marine Astronauts picked up

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Marine Astronauts picked up

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 6. Nov 16, 05:36

Just comparing notes for both TC and AP. I picked up twelve good marines in the war zones, in separate groups of eight and four. They were 70 to 90 in fighting and 60 to 80 in other skills. These were good enough that I could start using them for boarding without extra training. I've already boarded a Hype, an Elephant and a Mammoth. I'll train them up when I have their Fight skills up to 100. This is in the first six hours and it's a game changer.

I assume these marines ended up in space when their ship blew up and my personal ship was in the sector. FYI, any marines as astronauts become your marines if you pick them up.

Question: Are these marines like other battle debris, or can it happen when your personal ship is OOS?

I haven't seen this happen very often. Any ideas to make it happen more often?
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Sun, 6. Nov 16, 06:25

I never noticed marines surviving explosion of the ship, where they were onboard.

These marines, whom you have picked up, are from Rapid Response M7Ms. As soon as shields of an enemy ship are discharged, a Minotaur launches a boarding pod. If it reaches the target, it may be boarded and captured, and it will belong to the race of the Rapid Response M7M. But if the boarding pod is shot down, the surviving marines can be found in space. It cannot happen in OOS as there is no missile defense OOS.

You can find a Rapid Response M7M, provoke it, shoot down all of its missiles, then, staying in <5km from it, eject all of your shields. The M7M will launch a boarding pod, you destroy it (otherwise your ship can be captured) and collect the marines (as fast as possible - most of ships in the sector are hostile now for a while).

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Thank you!

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 7. Nov 16, 18:14

Thank you, UnknownObject, it's nice to learn something new on this Forum.

This is worth checking closely.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 7. Nov 16, 18:21

Not that new to you Bill ... :D

(To be fair, the opening guide was added after your post in there.) :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Mon, 7. Nov 16, 18:44

If anyone wants to know what happens if your ship is successfully boarded by NPC's, there is a post in a Russian site, X3TC.net (Google Translate enabled).

In my game a Boron Rapid Response Kraken has captured a Galleon, and the Boron Galleon is now in Kingdom End, and they were too lazy to repair the ship.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”