Best Place for Generic AND Terran HQ

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SacremPyrobolum
xr

Best Place for Generic AND Terran HQ

Post by SacremPyrobolum » Sat, 12. Nov 16, 10:03

I'm using the Terran Plots for AP and want to know where the best place to put the HQs I get are.

The generic HQ needs to have access to lots of silicon and ore to be self sufficient and not have any of the major factions present (pirates and yaki and the like are ok)

The Terran HQ needs to be ideally in Terran space, I was thinking in one of those weird empty sectors at outskirts but I'm not sure how many resources I'll find there. It needs to be well defended from argon/boron space for the coming war. It would honestly be best if you had to jump to it.

Also, does yield of an asteroid determine how much you can mine from it before it runs out or the rate at which that ore is harvested?

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Sat, 12. Nov 16, 10:23

You don't need to build any plants and mines to supply the HQ. Just board and capture an M1-M2, recycle it, and you have plenty of resources.
My own HQ is in Saturn. Most of needed equipment is there in a stone's throw. A Solar power plant and USC Supply dock will provide your small and big ships with Energy cells. In addition, a Shipyard - it repairs ships faster than your HQ and can also provide your HQ with ships for recycling. The main disadvantage is decrease of FPS and sometimes lack of a Jump Beacon.

Mines do not exhaust the resources. Yield is a number that rate of production per time depends of.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 12. Nov 16, 22:04

When I play as Terran, my HQ goes in Althes - it has gate access, which is very important for CAG freighters that acquire various equipment bits and bobs for produced ships (and for rearming ships), as well as production resources (though, as UO mentioned, you can also recycle large vessels to acquire the resources more quickly, if you are geared up for boarding), and it is close to both the main outer-Sol system via Neptune, and to the not-so-important-for-most Aldrin sectors (you are far away from inner-Sol, but those sectors are always cut off from gate access in AP while the war is on, so there's no getting around that); also, Althes is nice and roomy but with 2 solar power plants (very useful to have nearby) and an Orbital Defense Station that stocks jumpdrives - after your produced ships have one of them and some energy, they can jump to a Military Base (the one in the farthest outer Unknown Sector usually has a jump beacon) to get the rest of their kit on.

When I play Commonwealth races, I usually place my HQ in some important sector owned by whichever race I'm playing, making sure to have good access to energy, minerals, and local defense forces, as well as equipment dock and, if possible, jumpdrives (sometimes this last has to be arranged by connecting the Hub appropriately). However, since you want to set up in a vacant sector, how about in the sector that you own (assuming you have it already)? That makes aesthetic sense - and you can Hub-link it to whatever facilities you need (as you can with any sector containing gates). Alternatively, you could set up in the unknown sector just west of Clarity's End - if I recall correctly, there are asteroids to mine there, and it's quiet and fairly secluded but quite centrally located.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”