[LU_Mayhem] Worst possible ship/strip it from any equipment?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mofakin
x3ap

[LU_Mayhem] Worst possible ship/strip it from any equipment?

Post by Mofakin » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 16:48

Hello folks,

I'm currently in the process of setting up a pleasant game with the very fine and dedicated Mod Litcube's Uinverse in combination with the Mayhem 2.06 Addon, and a copple of smaller Mods recommended for LU+Mayhem. However, there are two small details I did not necessarily liked. The starting sector, and the ship/equipment I started with.

Basically what I then did was modifying the files addon/director/start.xml and addon/types/gamestarts.xml, to allow for a start in Earth sector, with nothing but a M5 Discoverer. Which basically marks the entrance of future modding efforts for this game (I think). I'm probably going to expand on this custom start plugin for LU+Mayhem. But while I was doing this two questions emerged, after figured I still feel overpowered when starting a new game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a masochist, but getting throwen into the Universe without any background information and a heavily armed M6, is not my cup of tea.

However. I failed stripping myself of any extra equipment, in particular the 4 mass driver cannons I have onboard and copple of other equipment parts. I basically want a completely unmodified ship only equipped with a basic jump generator(or I probably couldn't leave Earth sector at all), and the weakest possible shield/weapon configuration.

So my first question is, how would I exactly render the ship blank? And the second question is, what exactly is the worst possible ship one could own?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 17:18

In LU, the Pirate Harrier Tanker is the cheapest ship you can use, so this may qualify as the worst ship.

The starting equipment from a ship when using a custom game start is defined in "addon\director\start.xml", have a look at the <equipment> tags.

Mofakin
x3ap

Post by Mofakin » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 17:44

BlackArchon wrote:In LU, the Pirate Harrier Tanker is the cheapest ship you can use, so this may qualify as the worst ship.

The starting equipment from a ship when using a custom game start is defined in "addon\director\start.xml", have a look at the <equipment> tags.
Having a look at the Wiki the Harrier might be weak at first glance, but it is probably one of the best when equipped to the peak. I'd consider the Discoverer or Buster as weakest? Though you could potentially get almost a million credits for the Buster. What about the Terran Rapier/#decade.fade?

Thanks for the hint on equipment, already figured, but I have problems to exactly understand how I strip equipment? Will everything from the template ship automatically be stripped when I add new equipment?

Edit: Also inside the aforementioned file it says...

Code: Select all

<!-- added through the setup script -->
...and it's giving me a hard time to exactly find the variables that are needed to modifie my ship starting equipment.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 19:28

The Terran Rapier is quite expensive, mostly because of its high speed and spacious cargo bay - this certainly disqualifies it as a bad ship.
The #deca.fade is an OCV ship in LU and therefore something special. It's also somewhat comparable to the Rapier in terms of speed.

Does it have to be an M5 class ship? For example, the Boron Manta (TP class) is also very cheap, cannot use any lasers, but only weak missiles. It's also slow and weak shielded.

About the equipment: Maybe I have misunderstood you. What exactly do you want to achieve? That your starting ship is spawned without any equipment?

Mofakin
x3ap

Post by Mofakin » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 19:54

Thanks BlackArchon, figured how to do it. It's based inside the setup.Mayhem.xml.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”