NEWS: X Rebirth VR Edition, Updates and X4

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 14. Jul 17, 22:53

CBJ wrote:The date hasn't escaped our attention. ;)

We're getting very close now; we're just finalising a few things that are needed for the Early Access process. :)
Does it mean that with XR VR Early Access you will share some more information of X4, or you want first move XR VR out of EA before focusing on X4?

Carter80

Post by Carter80 » Sun, 16. Jul 17, 19:30

It's the 16th of July here! :roll:

[ external image ]

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 16. Jul 17, 19:37

and its Sunday here in Germany - for being allowed to work today you need special permissions. :P
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Reaves_42
x4

Post by Reaves_42 » Tue, 18. Jul 17, 09:59

It's now Tuesday evening 18th in Australia. I'm so eager for this XR:VR!!

Wish you guys could give better ETA's ie: This week? I'm tired of pressing F5.

carran
x4

Post by carran » Tue, 18. Jul 17, 14:28

Having been around since X-BTF days it's certain Egosoft are working very hard to deliver as bug-free an experience as possible - and *probably* working on the first patch already. I know some may find it hard to believe - and I'm no fanboi - but I haven't found another software company so ready to support and listen to their audience

Having waited so long since Berndt's announcement in December, a few more days won't hurt :)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 18. Jul 17, 14:34

Reaves_42 wrote:Wish you guys could give better ETA's ie: This week? I'm tired of pressing F5.
It's hard to give accurate ETAs when some of the factors are outside your control. The game itself is now basically ready for Early Access to start, but we're still dealing with some of the necessary "paperwork" to make that actually happen. While that is being dealt with we are, of course, continuing to work on any known issues with the game itself.

Reaves_42
x4

Post by Reaves_42 » Tue, 18. Jul 17, 16:38

CBJ wrote:
Reaves_42 wrote:Wish you guys could give better ETA's ie: This week? I'm tired of pressing F5.
It's hard to give accurate ETAs when some of the factors are outside your control. The game itself is now basically ready for Early Access to start, but we're still dealing with some of the necessary "paperwork" to make that actually happen. While that is being dealt with we are, of course, continuing to work on any known issues with the game itself.
Great news! Cheers for the update.

Arielag

Post by Arielag » Sat, 22. Jul 17, 16:15

Any news?

maggaen
x4

Post by maggaen » Sat, 22. Jul 17, 17:34

CBJ, you said "It's hard to give accurate ETAs when some of the factors are outside your control. The game itself is now basically ready for Early Access to start, but we're still dealing with some of the necessary "paperwork" to make that actually happen. While that is being dealt with we are, of course, continuing to work on any known issues with the game itself."

and I understand that it's hard to give ETA's on something where you yourself doesn't know. But what is this "paperwork" you're reffering to? Can you inform us on what you're actually stuck on?

also, when it's released in early access, I know it'll only support one headset, but will it also support normal displays?

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Sat, 22. Jul 17, 19:14

maggaen wrote:and I understand that it's hard to give ETA's on something where you yourself doesn't know. But what is this "paperwork" you're reffering to? Can you inform us on what you're actually stuck on?
The "paperwork" most-likely refers to Steam and their Early Access process. For game releases Steam decides together with the developer when the best time is for a game release. So, you as a developer, may have sent them the finished game already, yet they, the Steam guys, won't actually "release" it as there are other game releases scheduled upfront, and they ideally don't want to share the attention. Additionally, since this is a VR title, there may be more work to get everything set up properly from the Steamworks side.
maggaen wrote:also, when it's released in early access, I know it'll only support one headset...
Actually, it was always mentioned that both, Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, will be supported. For instance see the XRVR page and CBJ's post a month ago for reference.
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 22. Jul 17, 21:10

We're not "stuck" on anything as such. We are just in the process of putting the game through the submission processes and providing the required documentation and materials that accompany that. If all goes well then it really won't be long now, but it's still possible we may have to make some more adjustments and resubmit before we can start Early Access. Please bear with us, and rest assured that we're as keen as you are to get going.

Regarding 2D displays, we realise that ours is the sort of game that people sometimes play for long periods, and that doing so with a headset on could prove too much. We've therefore set things up so that you'll be able to do things like take off the headset and play in 2D for a while, then put the headset back on again and go back to 3D, all without leaving the game. If you don't have a headset at all, though, then you may not get the most from it.

maggaen
x4

Post by maggaen » Sun, 23. Jul 17, 08:43

CBJ wrote:We're not "stuck" on anything as such. We are just in the process of putting the game through the submission processes and providing the required documentation and materials that accompany that. If all goes well then it really won't be long now, but it's still possible we may have to make some more adjustments and resubmit before we can start Early Access. Please bear with us, and rest assured that we're as keen as you are to get going.

Regarding 2D displays, we realise that ours is the sort of game that people sometimes play for long periods, and that doing so with a headset on could prove too much. We've therefore set things up so that you'll be able to do things like take off the headset and play in 2D for a while, then put the headset back on again and go back to 3D, all without leaving the game. If you don't have a headset at all, though, then you may not get the most from it.
thanks for the response. what i was specifically asking about the 2d display is whether this will be a feature at early access or launch? also, is X rebirth VR simply x rebirth with vr, or are there other overhauls? story, missions, empire managment etc?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 23. Jul 17, 14:25

Did you not read the opening post? Its all there on page one as what XRVR is. ;-)

MFG

Ketraar

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 23. Jul 17, 15:51

maggaen wrote:what i was specifically asking about the 2d display is whether this will be a feature at early access or launch?
All of the features I described regarding display support are already working and will be there from the start of Early Access.
maggaen wrote:is X rebirth VR simply x rebirth with vr, or are there other overhauls? story, missions, empire managment etc?
There are some missions that are specific to the VR version, and a few other differences to optimise it for VR, but no major gameplay "overhauls". General improvements and fixes that have been made during the development of XRVR have either already been added to XR in 4.10 or will be added to XR in the forthcoming 4.20 update, which we plan to put into beta alongside Early Access for XRVR.

Reaves_42
x4

Post by Reaves_42 » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 11:56

It would be great if you could put out a preview video showing what kind of experience we can expect.

I'm sure the marketing wouldn't hurt.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 12:29

Sure, we could stop working on the materials we need for Early Access, and push that back a bit in order to produce a preview. I'm pretty sure you'd rather we kept working on getting the actual Early Access release done, though. ;)

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 21:43

Will there be any info about x4 any time soon ?
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Armankessilon
x4

Post by Armankessilon » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 11:16

You are so quiet in the news feed about X4, we are worried

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 11:40

Nikola515 wrote:Will there be any info about x4 any time soon ?
That depends on your definition of "soon". If you mean in the next couple of days then probably not. If you mean in the next couple of months then probably yes; it's quite likely that there will be some more information about X4 once XRVR is firmly established in Early Access.

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 13:32

So I know it's pre-Early Access and all that jazz, but I'm curious to the performance level to expect. I'm hoping you at least can mention what sort of hardware you're targeting, without coming with any specifics.

I got a 980Ti on a 4770k (slightly overclocked). Are you targeting a playable VR experience for that sort of hardware, or should a VR player expect to need more horses? I'm talking about decent fidelity graphics, without sacrificing draw distance.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”