[Moding] Questions of a newbie about X3 Editor 2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

darkslimus
x4

[Moding] Questions of a newbie about X3 Editor 2

Post by darkslimus » Thu, 15. Dec 16, 18:30

How to add a ware list to a new ship

Hi there,

After about two hours of search in my supposed friend google and look at some topics here or there I can't find a good solution for my problem :evil:

I want to add to a new ship type (in Tships.txt) a ware list of seven software

so I manually edit the WareLists.txt (cause Xeditor 2 don't allow me to do it) and my ware list seem correctly added when i take a look on it in the Tdebugger tool. I saw a new list number 146 with my seven software in ... but when I try to add it to my new ship ... nothing happens, other list are fine working but my new one don't ! it's not a size restriction cause in that list I have nav Mk1 for example ... what's wrong ??

and if you want to pose the question, yes I saw the discrepancy between the editor and the text file, so list number 146 must be in fact 145 but 145 or 146 any difference it's a blank ware list on the Tships page :headbang:

EDIT :

In this case I do two mistake.

first I just reload my game data and don't restart X3 Editor 2 ... when I finally close the editor and restart it, it don't want to show me WareLists.txt and say the file is wrong. If I do it I will win a lot of time in research, note to myself

second I break the file stupidly, I like things clearly presented and I use double line spacing ! GROSS misconduct !
now all works fine ...

PS: I find the answer by myself, I changed the tittle of the topic, if moderators are agree I will use this thread to post all my questions about this program here

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”