[Bug] Hope beta fixes software disappearing bug - Probably preinstalled softwares

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

gbcat

[Bug] Hope beta fixes software disappearing bug - Probably preinstalled softwares

Post by gbcat » Sat, 24. Dec 16, 09:19

I really loved the game but I've given up the game since a year ago when the version was 3.1 (AP), because I met the same bug twice.

I owned a number of ships. But I could only drive a ship by myself, so I let the rest of my ships do some trading automatically. But after a certain time point (which means that I couldn't avoid it by Saving/Loading), ALL OF my ships lost their Trade Command Software Mk1 (and other softwares including Trade Command Software Mk2 etc. still remained equipped), which meant that they could not do any trading including purchasing the Trade Command Software Mk1 once again by themselves. Therefore I needed to drive EVERY ship of mine one by one WITH MY OWN HANDS in order to purchase the TCS Mk1 again.

I thought it was so troublesome to do so. Then I gave the game process up and started a new game with the latest version of X3 Rebalanced Mod. After I met the same bug again, I uninstalled the game from my Steam gaming library despite more than 100 hours time I have played.

So I hope you could fix the bug with the upcoming AP 3.2 patch.

PS: I was running the game in Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 64 bit, Simplified Chinese language & environment.
Last edited by gbcat on Sat, 24. Dec 16, 12:21, edited 3 times in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 24. Dec 16, 11:44

If you cannot buy/install a software for/into a ship, despite meeting reputation and cargo class requirements, and having enough money, you should check, whether the software in question is already built-in. Certain ship classes come with certain softwares pre-installed. This is especially true for trading class ships (TS and TL transporters) which have the Trading Software Mk1 preinstalled, and capital combat ships which have the Fight Softwares installed. (Some other combinations are possible too.)
In contrast to normally purchased software, built-in softwares and equipment cannot be destroyed or transferred to other ships. Another possible cause for confusion is that built-in softwares are not displayed in the installed softwares section, but only appear in the "Built-in Components" section, for which you have to open the ship info menu.

If a software would really not be installed, then the respective commands, which require the software, wouldn't be available at all. If a ship just stopped running a certain command, this can have different reasons depending on the command in question.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

gbcat

Post by gbcat » Sat, 24. Dec 16, 12:38

X2-Illuminatus wrote:If you cannot buy/install a software for/into a ship, despite meeting reputation and cargo class requirements, and having enough money, you should check, whether the software in question is already built-in. Certain ship classes come with certain softwares pre-installed. This is especially true for trading class ships (TS and TL transporters) which have the Trading Software Mk1 preinstalled, and capital combat ships which have the Fight Softwares installed. (Some other combinations are possible too.)
In contrast to normally purchased software, built-in softwares and equipment cannot be destroyed or transferred to other ships. Another possible cause for confusion is that built-in softwares are not displayed in the installed softwares section, but only appear in the "Built-in Components" section, for which you have to open the ship info menu.

If a software would really not be installed, then the respective commands, which require the software, wouldn't be available at all. If a ship just stopped running a certain command, this can have different reasons depending on the command in question.
I'm sure that the bug was not caused by artificial factors. Because I have tested the bug with my former saved file which was automatically saved immediately before the bug's occurrence. And I didn't change any commands of my ships while testing. And I did check every software list of my ships before and after the bug's occurrence. Trade Command Software Mk1s of my ships vanished at the same time without any notice, just like they were hacked by pirate or someone else. :evil:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 24. Dec 16, 13:36

If you have a vanilla savegame in which this bug occurs or better one it can be reproduced with, feel free to upload it somewhere and post the link here. I do not remember reading about this bug before, and I do not know any other possible causes for the things you described except for those I already mentioned above. But I gladly have a look at your save(s) after Christmas.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”