X3AP: Ships only mounting 1 gun per turret facing

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

gbem1113
x4

X3AP: Ships only mounting 1 gun per turret facing

Post by gbem1113 » Sat, 7. Jan 17, 12:21

hey guys i recently bought X3 albion prelude after trying out the game at a friend`s PC and ive seem to have ran into an interesting bug...

apparently capital ships... both preplaced and spawned (using cycrow`s cheat list) before 3 minutes spawn normally with guns mounted at each of the 8 turrets per facing (well 4 for the top and bottom)..

however after 3 minutes they seem to only mount 1 gun per turret facing yet retain the guns in their cargo hold (apparently unmounting the 7 other guns per facing)...

i would appreciate any assistance you could offer

modlist: plugin manager + cheat list + advanced jumpdrive + hephcorp

ps: i have tried reinstalling and verifying cache thru steam

pss: i have screenies buy i dont know how to attach em :/

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 7. Jan 17, 12:34

Are turret commands activated on those capital ships? If so, is the automatic weapon swichting feature enabled in them? It can be activated/deactivated for each command specifically in the Turret Command Configuration, which you can find under Options (Shift+O) -> Gameplay -> Advanced Game Settings.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

gbem1113
x4

Post by gbem1113 » Sat, 7. Jan 17, 14:07

they were ai (specifically argon but the issue persisted with other races) owned capital ships... my capital ships ran fine most of the time

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 7. Jan 17, 14:11

Moving to Universe (gameplay) forum as this is not a Tech Sp issue.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Sat, 7. Jan 17, 14:50

I had not such problem ever.

I play vanilla X3: Albion Prelude and not use any mods.

To solve your problem try to play game without mods/cheats.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 7. Jan 17, 15:02

It may not be mods/cheats after all. As X2-Illuminatus has already said, in X3AP there is an automatic weapon-swapping option setting that could explain this behaviour.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 7. Jan 17, 16:33

gbem1113 wrote:they were ai (specifically argon but the issue persisted with other races) owned capital ships... my capital ships ran fine most of the time
Turret scripts of NPC ships do use the automatic weapon-swapping.

The ships that you were observing were not in combat, were they?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 7. Jan 17, 21:13

This behaviour is normal; as noted by others it is caused by the weapon auto-switching. Once combat begins, if you check you will see that your weapon banks fill up as needed, and this is next to instantaneous, so you're not being disadvantaged.

What this setting does is swap between weapons that are available to your turrets according to how effective the AI thinks they'll be - so at first you may have your longest-range weapon installed in order to reach the target, but as the target gets nearer the auto-switching may swap in a weapon that hits more reliably, if one is available in the hold.

If you only have one set of weapons, then the script will do little for you (and may even get in the way if you have, say, only PPCs for the front and sides, and FAAs for top, bottom and rear, as then it may swap in FAA to the front or side and then leave you short of weapons for other mounts.)

I also scratched my head quite a bit when I first saw this happening, after I had enabled the auto weapon switching feature. But it's nothing to worry about, and only happens while your turrets are standing by.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”