X-Tension Question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

X-Tension Question

Post by Cursed Ghost » Tue, 24. Jan 17, 20:07

Hi all

I'm curious in X-Tension how precisely do you kill Xenon K's? because as far as I can tell they are basically un-killable you can't hit them with missiles they're too fast you can't take them with guns because they're to fast and you don’t have enough shields even having the strafe drive extension doesn't help not least for the fact that the controls are inverted so when I press to strafe left and the ship goes to the right and also unlike later games in the series player controlled capital ships are also unavailable.

Clearly theses ships where designed to be fought against in the old X Shuttle from the first game which was capable of equipping 125mw shields Gamma HEPT and was able to upgrade the speed, handling and cargo bay infinitely

But in X-Tension the X Shuttle got nurfed hard and is no longer able to equip 125mw Shields or Gamma HEPT and is limited to a max speed of 306m/s which is only half as fast as the Xenon K that has a max speed of 635.13m/s and although you will be very unlikely to see one that fast even at the more modest speeds ranging between 150m/s to 300m/s they are still faster and way more powerful then basically every ship the players can have the only ship that even comes close as a possible contender is the X Shuttle and to be honest I don’t think even that ship could take the X-Tension era Xenon Ks as they are simply way overpowered

So given that how precisely do you kill X-Tension era Xenon Ks

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 24. Jan 17, 21:24

The brute force method is to get lots of fighters and fighter drones and simply wear it down. It can be done, but it's very expensive, as you can imagine.

The finesse way is as follows. Get a full load of at least 25 hornet missiles and a number of fighter drones. Try to distract the K with the fighter drones until you're more than 20km away. Once it finishes the fighter drones off, it will probably come after you. If not try to get its attention with a missile or two. Once it starts coming, make sure you're in reverse and facing it. The trick is to keep a perfect line between you and the K so that the hornets don't have to maneuver, because if they do, they have such a large turn radius that they become worthless, and probably get shot down.

Start firing the hornets at it at about 20km and keep firing until they're all gone or the K is destroyed. Since it's targeting you and also facing you, it's other turrets won't be able to shoot down the missiles. It's been a long time since I've played X-T so I can't remember exactly how many missiles it will take. But it should be destroyed before getting into range to fire its GHEPTs at you.

Good luck, and save often. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 25. Jan 17, 11:10

Ah, killing Xenon in XT Black Hole Sun. That takes me back.

I used to like annoying one, camping by a Jump Gate and strafing out the way so they smash into it at high speed. You can then finish them off with Hornets.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 25. Jan 17, 13:22

My X-Tension method for clearing Xenon sectors was always to use lasertowers. You can only give useful orders to lasertowers in sectors where you have stations, but TLs (the ability to own and fly which were added in one of the patches) count as stations for this purpose, so you can basically lure the Xenon away from the gates in a fast ship, order a TL to fly through, and while it's in sector drop your lasertowers and give them the defend order. They'll shoot at any Xenon ship that comes near and, provided you have enough of them, will kill anything--even the Xenon M0.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”