Goner Race reputation - split from 4 year old threads that had been dredged up

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

phantomrock2
x4

Goner Race reputation - split from 4 year old threads that had been dredged up

Post by phantomrock2 » Fri, 27. Jan 17, 22:52

I am beginning to think that in order for that Goner rep to move you would probably have to be high in race rank percentage with all the Commonwealth races. & I should know because I am X-Treme in both fighting & trading. TERRAN COMMANDER START/UMMODDED
I have been running hot with the Terrans with 100 percent race rank for years now. The Boron & Argon are high. Time to get major trading hubs in the sectors that have the highest population centers. I guarantee you if nothing happens after that then I do not know what could be wrong.

A good way to start to see race rank percentages (w/ Commonwealth races) move is to drop many laser towers at the jump gates that Xenon are known to come through. This will also make it conducive to jump-starting the economy in those sectors as well.Also when you get those DEFEND position missions those LTs will do most of the work! Build a huge closed looping laser tower trading hub, close it off to trading, of course have some freighters there. Then after all of that dock the freighter at a station that can dock a M2,TL, or M1. You will have to watch to make sure your aforementioned spacecraft is not destroyed. ORDER the ship to move to the jump gate position in that sector THEN EJECT the laser towers by the jump gate. Being on the other side of the gate making sure Xenon or whoever else does not come in while the LTs are coming online will help. Getting to highest rank with the Goners is easy but after doing that it is NOT easy & requires a lot of deep thought.
[" thank you "]

phantomrock2
x4

Yes

Post by phantomrock2 » Fri, 27. Jan 17, 22:58

It's sort of like attacking the chaplain. Most won't carry a weapon but you run the risk of agro-ing nearby forces.

Goners are the religious faction so they are unarmed. You shoot them down near any a ship that will detect it will render your assets getting attacked. However, with many hours & yes years of play time I would not attack the Goners. I am here searching for anyone posting about a hidden Goner shipyard or post so that's why I saw this. If you need any help let me know I'll show ya
[" thank you "]

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 28. Jan 17, 07:44

The danger with the Goner rep is that it is very easy to lose it during the war and the loss can be irrecoverable depending on what you do at the end.

For one thing, the Argon Security License offered from the temple in EoL uses the samne "slot" as the regular Argon License, but is not the same thing. Scanning Argon ships without the EoL license while in EoL will cause your Goner rep to go down. The danger comes from the fact that no missions seem to be offered from any EoL station for the duration of the war, and Goner missions seem to only be offered in EoL or the sector north of it, if you were lucky to have some station placement missions there or a Pirate Base. Therefore there is nearly no way to recover Goner rep while the war is ongoing.

In my current playthrough, my Goner rep was at -4 at the end of the war, I was unable to dock at any station in EoL and so could not get any Goner missions there. My only hope was that I would eventually get one at the Pirate Base in the northern sector. I did and could begin raising my Goner rep at last, but that was twently to thirty game days after the war ended.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”