Hyperion Turret refuses to fire?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SteelCityColt
x3ap

Hyperion Turret refuses to fire?

Post by SteelCityColt » Sun, 29. Jan 17, 22:29

I've randomly started having an issue with one front turret on my Hyperion, it just refuses to fire, manually or automatically. All other turrets are behaving.

I've tried installing/uninstalling various weapons to no avail.

Any ideas anyone?

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 30. Jan 17, 02:17

Which game? Any mods active? (this includes self created ones, and also mention disabled mods or mods applied to TC when playing AP)
there are 2 causes for a turret not to fire.
1: no energy/ammunition :roll:
2: something is corrupt in the turret definition:
a) the guns and the camera are looking towards different directions in the scene
b) the turret model is not mentioned in TDummies or TComponents
c) someone messed up the indices in the Tships corresponding to the scene indices
If something was changed in the turret definition the changes would apply on the next sector change.

Btw. My Hyperion turrets work(X3 AP current beta)
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Spearthrower
x3tc

Post by Spearthrower » Mon, 30. Jan 17, 05:02

Just to build on Ubuntu's comprehensive list - did you set up a custom turret config? I had a duff config once and it wouldn't fire.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Mon, 30. Jan 17, 09:16

Simple checks first.

1. Make sure gun is installed in the turret!

2. Check turret commands.

3. Make sure the turret is active - to do that change your view until you are in that turret and make sure the gun icon in the bottom left is not dull. If it is dull then you might have to add it to a group to ensure it is active. This can happen if you have gun groups set up and you change them whilst you are in the turret.

SteelCityColt
x3ap

Post by SteelCityColt » Mon, 30. Jan 17, 12:10

Thank you all for the replies, turns out that the turret wasn't active for some reason despite being in the weapons group. Removed it and re-added eh voila, one working turret.

Does this mean if my turrets aren't say in group 3 they will stop auto firing when that group is selected?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 30. Jan 17, 12:15

If you are in normal piloting mode (ie. not in any turret) the turrets should be independent of your weapon group switching (as far as I'm aware, to switch groups on a turret you have to be on that turret - it's possible maybe they're all linked, not sure, but they're separate from the main guns). So now that you have it working, you shouldn't have more problems with it. I reckon just test it - pick a fight, then switch weapon groups from the cockpit to check that it stays operational :)

Good hunting!
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Mon, 30. Jan 17, 13:02

SteelCityColt wrote:Thank you all for the replies, turns out that the turret wasn't active for some reason despite being in the weapons group. Removed it and re-added eh voila, one working turret.

Does this mean if my turrets aren't say in group 3 they will stop auto firing when that group is selected?
Not in my experience. I've only ever had a problem when I've changed the weapons group whilst not realising I was in the turret for some reason.

I run 7 EBC + tractor beam in the front of my Hyperion. I use weapons groups to manage them:

Group 1: 7 EBC
Group 2: 2 EBC
Group 3: TB
Group 4: No guns

This allows me to control fire on targets, move factories / mines and make sure I have a safety (group 4) so I don't accidentally shoot something when doing non combat tasks. (I run a Thrustmaster HOTAS and the config I run means I generally only have to touch the keyboard when changing weapons groups, building factories and renaming factories / ships.)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”