TLs

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

phantomrock2
x4

TLs

Post by phantomrock2 » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 20:47

TL SHIPS Should be able to use two 1GJ shields
& a REFUEL wings with energy cells in the Special commands
I'm not sure what's going on but when I use the supply command there's a long time before the wing is refueled

I run a huge USC M7 M2 Wing
&I a wing with 12 Tyrs
Allow Terran HQ to be bought at the SY in THE MOON
Why this was never offered from the start really baffles me
[" thank you "]

pjknibbs
x4

Re: TLs

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 23:14

phantomrock2 wrote:TL SHIPS Should be able to use two 1GJ shields
Why should they? They're freighters, not warships.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 00:24

They don't have proper generators for this kind of shield.
Where is it?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 10:03

phantomrock2 wrote:Allow Terran HQ to be bought at the SY in THE MOON
Why this was never offered from the start really baffles me
From a gameplay point of view: The PHQ is a special, very powerful station designed for the late game, which allows the player to workaround restrictions of the normal gameplay and being (almost) independent of several races. Since earning reputation and money is relative easy, you need additional requirements (availability, plus having to do something, i.e. playing the respective plot) to balance the features of the PHQ.

From a lore point of view: Why should a shipyard owner sell a station, which has the power to drive them out of the business? Right now you have to go to a shipyard to buy and repair ships. If you can do that yourself, the shipyard owner is certainly going to lose money. Additionally, he would have to fear that you would be using the PHQ not only for your own benefit but that you would become a competitor.
This is all assuming that there are production capabilities for the PHQ station left and that the Terran High Command would even be willing to share such an advanced technology. The Terrans are usually very restrictive of who they share their tech with.

From a technical point of view: The PHQ was always designed as being a single station, i.e. the player only having one of it. While certain features of the PHQ work if you have multiple PHQs, others do not. The new beta patch for X3AP introduces script commands to define the current PHQ, in case you have several, which allows modders to workaround the current restrictions by the game more easily.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 15:13

I use or would use the PHQ for wing docking & building hardly ever for repairing
I need more docking bays can't ya see I run a huge military force
Yeah that's right keep on suppressing the players & vets
Thank You
[" thank you "]

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 19:31

phantomrock2 wrote:I use or would use the PHQ for wing docking & building hardly ever for repairing
Thank You
Argon and Teladi Trading Stations have unlimited fighter docks
As for building: That's the exact same argument. Currently you have to go to the shipyards for that. So they make money off of it.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 19:35

Marine Repair is great for all sorts of carriers. Also that HQ Research Equipment mod helps a ton allowing to quickly install all necessary softwares.
Where is it?

jorganos
x3tc

Post by jorganos » Thu, 2. Feb 17, 05:16

Sirrobert wrote:
phantomrock2 wrote:I use or would use the PHQ for wing docking & building hardly ever for repairing
Thank You
Argon and Teladi Trading Stations have unlimited fighter docks
As for building: That's the exact same argument. Currently you have to go to the shipyards for that. So they make money off of it.
The Boron Equipment Dock offers internal docking for TS/TP/TM ships, too, and has the usual two slots for capitals. At twice the cost of a trading station still a better deal for me, even though it occasionally does eat extra long ships (TS superfreighter XL during docking, possibly also TP Hauler/Vanguard) when you drop in-system.

If you want to dock lots of capitals, get lots of EDs - the Argon one appears to be the least collision-prone.

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Wed, 8. Feb 17, 17:40

And make it possible for the TL supply ships hanging out in the sector trade with player controlled complexes because we all know what we do when have our own TLs.
[" thank you "]

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 8. Feb 17, 20:21

What do you do with your TLs?

It's pretty easy to setup CLS to fill up your TL parked next to a station (or wherever, really). Or to setup CLS to deliver goods to a station where TLs can dock and load up (like your HQ).
Where is it?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 8. Feb 17, 20:45

phantomrock2 wrote:And make it possible for the TL supply ships hanging out in the sector trade with player controlled complexes because we all know what we do when have our own TLs.
Well, I know what *I* do when I have my own TLs - I build lots of stations. Somehow, I don't think this is what you were talking about... (And WE ALL KNOW how dangerous generalisations can be - especially when they purport to speak for other people... ;) )
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 9. Feb 17, 02:07

phantomrock2 wrote:And make it possible for the TL supply ships hanging out in the sector trade with player controlled complexes because we all know what we do when have our own TLs.
Haven't you discovered the uses of SCS & supply drones yet (admittedly this is not easy to automate)?
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”