The Return from 2010.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Thu, 6. Apr 17, 18:23

Update:

Wrapped up the plot - Balance of Power.. finally.

I was almost to the brink of nuking the entire X-universe, that's how frustrated i've been for the past 12 gaminghours
while doing the plot.

The plot went mostly without a hitch with all the ships in the right places waiting for their role in the plot,
but once i got to claiming the 2 ATF-fighters with the blueprints onboard, things went downhill... like freefall downhill.. terminal velicity speed.

First i spent about 2 hours in my Yaki Rajin with 9+PBE's trying to get either of them to bail... no luck at all,
apparently they weren't very afraid of my M3+, even when i stripped their shields in a milisecond.
So after a few hours of trying (with coffeebreaks), i finally gave up on my Rajin and called in one of my Hype's that was
in sector to act as a carrier for the 2 claimed fighters..
I equipped 8 PBE's in the main guns and after another.. hour or so, the Mjiolner finally cracked and bailed at 22% hull.
(group2 = 1 PBE shooting)

Then came the other issue... the west gate started getting swarmed by pirates from the unknown sector
so i had to call in my Boreas as a doormanager while i did my business.

So i figured.. bigger ship = better chance to force pilots to bail right?.... so i brought in my 14xID Griffon that toasts shields on anything instantly,
and.... nothing happens. Several times over i literally melt the Fenrir from 100% to dead.. and the pilot refuses to bail.
At some points the Fenrir even manages to dent my Griffon's shields with EMPC.. that's a long fight.

So after countless failed attempts to force the Fenrir to bail with the Griffon, i switch back to the Hyperion and then
it takes about 1 hour of repeated attempts and the Fenrir finally bails.

I then quickly dispatch the Hype with both fighters onboard to Argon Prime's shipyard for repairs and storage
in my mobile HQ Aran that contains all rare ships.

Then as icing on the cake for my now brittle patience.. i tried capping 2 out of the 4 Tyr's that tries to kill you,
and i call in a Tiger which carried additional marines.
My Skirnir quickly blows up 2 of them but not before jumping out first... spares me the rep-loss.
And then i spent 3-4 hours trying every trick in the book.. and even at max rank, the Marins fails on the hull every time,
at this point i'm really pissed..
(wtf's the point with maxed marines if they can't board ships)
Yes i'm aware of the HPD.. but that should either be a rare component on ships, or atleast there should be a 50% chance of successfull breach.

Anyway... after aprox 4 hours of trying, my patience ran out, my Skirnir
happily blew up all 4 Tyr's, i then flew by their wrecks and tossed feces on their burialground..

Anyway. Another plot finished and 4 new cool ships on my collection.

Now i will start on the PHQ plot once i cool down and ... actually want to do it.
All this rng-crap with boarding really tests my patience.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 6. Apr 17, 19:09

Dreez wrote:....
So i figured.. bigger ship = better chance to force pilots to bail right?.... so i brought in my 14xID Griffon that toasts shields on anything instantly,
and.... nothing happens. Several times over i literally melt the Fenrir from 100% to dead.. and the pilot refuses to bail.
At some points the Fenrir even manages to dent my Griffon's shields with EMPC.. that's a long fight....
And you've discovered the Achilles Heel of the Ion Disruptor - it doesn't work well at all to force bailouts. Way back in X2 when it was first introduced, it made capturing ships way too easy due to the way the bailing algorithm worked. It was subsequently nerfed in later games so that now it actually inhibits bailing. Now its main purpose is to strip equipment without doing much damage to the target ship. Bottom line, don't try to use ID's to force bailouts.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Thu, 6. Apr 17, 20:53

Nanook wrote:
And you've discovered the Achilles Heel of the Ion Disruptor - it doesn't work well at all to force bailouts. Way back in X2 when it was first introduced, it made capturing ships way too easy due to the way the bailing algorithm worked. It was subsequently nerfed in later games so that now it actually inhibits bailing. Now its main purpose is to strip equipment without doing much damage to the target ship. Bottom line, don't try to use ID's to force bailouts.
Lesson Learned.

I also learned that if you cap any of the 4 Tyr's, the plot won't finish.. I did a final reload and managed to cap one,
and the plot didn't complete - stuck at "flee from ATF".

Sad tho.. the Tyr had PSP's and SCC's.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 6. Apr 17, 21:01

I think if you sell the Tyr, it counts as 'destroyed' and the plot should complete. Or you could RE it at your PHQ and that also destroys the ship. Maybe worth a try. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Thu, 6. Apr 17, 21:43

Nanook wrote:I think if you sell the Tyr, it counts as 'destroyed' and the plot should complete. Or you could RE it at your PHQ and that also destroys the ship. Maybe worth a try. :)
Now there's a thought.. selling yes, RE no.. it would finish RE when im dead and burried :lol: .

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Mon, 1. May 17, 16:20

Small Update followed by a question.

Pretty much wrapped up all plots now, except the treasurehunt.

I've also looked into the rewards for all the corporations and decided that
none of them are really worth taking to the max due to lacking rewards,
i don't do a job unless there's a nice carrot in the end 8) .

After growing tired of waiting for the NPC stations to produce IRS to supply my fleets, i decided that it was time to construct
a complex for assorted weaponry and wares.
So i decided to construct the Split complex in the playerowned sector with 4 IRS fabs, Adv drone fabs, Tornado fabs and PPC fabs.

I then captured a Skirnir that was loaded with Ghouls in hopes of being able to clone them at a shipyard,
but there weren't any shipyard connected to any station that sold them.

So my new longterm project is to appoint sector traders to the Terran systems in hopes of stimulating their economy
while having a freighter carrying the Ghouls to tease the market.

Satelites has been placed in each terran sector and i will monitor them closely for any Ghoul-fab that pops up,
because if i understand it correctly, the GoD-engine "might" summon a TL carrying a Ghoul-fab, and i need to grab it.

Meanwhile, my PhQ is RE'n all the exotic ships.

Sofar i've capped and RE'd most Enhanced models available in TC without a ship-mod adding more ships.
I have also discovered how much fun it is to cruise at 1400m/s with an Turboboosted Kestrel :twisted: .

Question: Now that i've secured my Yaki-rep, will it affect the Yaki-rep when i accept kill/defense missions that involves Yaki targets?.

Because i've done 1 Defense mission that spawned 2 Yaki Caps and i'm still very friendly with them in Weaver's Tempest.

steelwing_2
x4

Post by steelwing_2 » Mon, 1. May 17, 16:48

Enemies spawned for defense missions don't seem to affect reputation with whatever faction those enemies are nominally a member of. So you can smash everyone that comes at you for a defense mission, and it'll never actually affect reputation.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Mon, 1. May 17, 17:53

steelwing_2 wrote:Enemies spawned for defense missions don't seem to affect reputation with whatever faction those enemies are nominally a member of. So you can smash everyone that comes at you for a defense mission, and it'll never actually affect reputation.
Thanks for that info, now i can resume my missions without having to skip half of them :lol: .

I noticed there's a new update, will that affect my current game that is ***Modified*** if i install it?.
As in, will it affect the FCC-script i've installed to the point of corrupting anything savegame-wise ?.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 1. May 17, 21:10

Defense missions and reputation ... the usual attackers are Pirates or Yaki. Vanilla players cannot see their status or small changes.

You, however, have modified game and can thus trivially enable "additional info" in the Script Editor. With that on you can see the opinion of every object about every faction and thus verify by checking before and after a mission whether there are changes in how the victims feel about you. (If you have automatic trade with them in the background, then you have to rule its effects out.)
Dreez wrote:I noticed there's a new update, will that affect my current game that is ***Modified*** if i install it?.
As in, will it affect the FCC-script i've installed to the point of corrupting anything savegame-wise ?.
Yes, it can affect.

Lets say that the game has a list of something.
There is a mod that adds or replaces something into that list.
Finally, the patch modifies the game's list.

When loading a game, the mod applies its changes to the new version. That could cause a conflict. The mod (running script, spawned object) could refer to item on list that is no longer the same. Vanilla game might refer to items that mod has tweaked.

Scripts are probably easier than "mods". However, if one has say a ship running CAG, then you have an object (the ship) that has a copy of the script code that it executes. (The CAG script actually does check at certain point whether ship's local copy is the latest, i.e. same as loaded from script files, and restarts itself to "update" the local copy.)

The best case scenario is that the scripters of your installed scripts are still active and have already verified compatibility or can publish updates. In every case, the respective threads in the S&M Forum are the first place to check.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Tue, 2. May 17, 01:57

Well.. I just went back into Yaki space and it turned out that i had lost alot of rep, to the point where i couldn't dock at the shipyard
and the Yaki in Weaver's Tempest would shoot me on sight...
All that from a defend station mission where i killed 2 Yaki caps.

So now i spent about 2 hours running missions for them to repair my rep.

/noted: Don't do anymore missions that involves killing Yaki.

Question: Why does some Yaki-mission say "pirates attacking" when it's Paranid jumping through the gate :? .

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 2. May 17, 02:04

Dreez wrote:Question: Why does some Yaki-mission say "pirates attacking" when it's Paranid jumping through the gate :? .
To the Yaki, Paranid are pirates
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Mon, 8. May 17, 12:40

Update:

Sorted out the CAG's abit more, have a slightly better understanding how they work now after reading even more and watching more videos.
(so many settings).

They are still getting brainfarts and jumping into pirate sectors and considering how many CAG's i have running
for different factories, i cba setting "banned sectors" for each CAG.

Captured my first Q, took about 45 minutes of reloading until i finally started all over and added a 21'st Marine, and for some reason
that tipped the scales greatly in my favor, took 3 minutes to cap then.
Instantly sent to my PhQ for RE.

My OTAS's rep is maxed out, took 1 day of running nothing but missions but it didn't require that much since each mission at my rank gives
a significant rep-increase (roughly 30% for a killmission)

I then transfered 21 marines onto the Siroko and capped another Q using my PBE-Hyperion as a bait while the marines boarded,
only took 2-3 reloads and job done.

I've setup a mega-food complex in Neptune with 10 Mistral CAG's as traders including 3 sectortraders with 4jump range
to stimulate the terran market... no Ghoul respawn yet.

My PhQ got its settings changed since it had a habit of filling its storage to the brim with everything, i had almost 100 PPCs... that takes up quiet abit of space 8) .

Currently i believe i have RE'd almost all "rare" ships in the game except for the TLS, a xenon LX is scheduled after the Q.

My personal wallet just exceeded the max credits so i had to transfer some money to the stations and i felt like
checking out how a Split Python would do with all ISR, it didn't do too good and all ISR was replaced by PPC with PBE for anti fighter.
However... it's my opinion that the split python is the worst M2 due to it's inability to effectivlely handle larger groups of fighters.. PBE's simply aren't that powerful.

I also ran into a mysterious glitch which i'm praying it was a single event.
A Military Colossus in Cloudbase Southwest went hostile against me
for no reason at all, since i am maxed out rep with Argon and i never shoot them.
I tried apologizing but after a few seconds it went hostile again... so to keep my traders safe, i had to call in a strike from my Skirnir and
jump it out before the missiles hit to avoid the rep-loss.

Another Military colossus spawned just minutes after, but it wasn't hostile.

The course right now is to cap a Xenon K for RE, cap more Q's for sector-patrolling and massproduce LX and Fenrirs for some lucky M1.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 8. May 17, 21:19

Dreez wrote:... it's my opinion that the split python is the worst M2 due to it's inability to effectivlely handle larger groups of fighters.. PBE's simply aren't that powerful....
Lose the PBE's and install ISR's. You'll be surprised at how much better they are. PBE's are meant to be short ranged shield strippers, not anti-fighter weapons.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 8. May 17, 23:28

I did found a X3TC save. Python:
* Left, Front, Right: PPC, Attack Capitals
* Up, Back, Down: ISR, Attack Fighters
* Mosquitos for MDM
* Some Tempests in the cargobay

No recollection why I had it set like that, but I did use it extensively. Not for being "best", but for offering a challenge to my liking.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 9. May 17, 02:22

Dreez wrote:Captured my first Q,
Grats! Only prob is equipping it.. ;)
no Ghoul respawn yet.
ISTR a patch allowed you to buy previously unobtainable Terran stations from the SY in Aldrin2.. but that may be a different game
PBE's simply aren't that powerful.
Flamethrowers work well IS vs fighters; OOS they're not very good
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”