Complex Question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ntweedie2007
x4

Complex Question

Post by ntweedie2007 » Sat, 11. Feb 17, 06:23

So I have noticed something odd which I can't figure out. When I add stations to an existing complex, my stock of e-cells goes down quite dramatically.

For example, I had 477k e-cells or thereabouts. I added 3 factories, linked them up and I now have 317k.

Is this normal?? It doesn't make sense to me... :? :?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 11. Feb 17, 16:08

If those added factories had all the resources already available within the complex to immediately start their production then they would claim and reserve all that they needed for upcoming production runs.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 11. Feb 17, 18:25

Alan Phipps wrote:If those added factories had all the resources already available within the complex to immediately start their production then they would claim and reserve all that they needed for upcoming production runs.
That's what I thought at first, but upon looking closer at the numbers, 160k vanishing instantly like that when adding just 3 factories is a bit much - there are no factories that eat 50k+ units of EC per production cycle... Of course, if some time DID elapse in-between, then that's a different story...
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 11. Feb 17, 22:50

RAVEN.myst wrote:
Alan Phipps wrote:If those added factories had all the resources already available within the complex to immediately start their production then they would claim and reserve all that they needed for upcoming production runs.
That's what I thought at first, but upon looking closer at the numbers, 160k vanishing instantly like that when adding just 3 factories is a bit much - there are no factories that eat 50k+ units of EC per production cycle... Of course, if some time DID elapse in-between, then that's a different story...
If a little bit of time elapsed and the newly added factories produced something that allowed a whole lot of the existing factories that allowed all of them to fire their production cycles at once, maybe.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

ntweedie2007
x4

Post by ntweedie2007 » Sun, 12. Feb 17, 00:48

Thanks all for your replies.

The factories were added to a complex which had a massive surplus of all materials, so it could well be that they simply took all the e-cells they needed to future runs. I wasn't aware it worked like that though, thought they would just take the materials for the first run.

Can't check other materials as they were only Teladianium foundries so only used e-cells. I will though when I add some weapons/shield factories to be sure.

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Sun, 12. Feb 17, 21:24

ntweedie2007 wrote:thought they would just take the materials for the first run.
yes, that's correct.
The factory will take the resources for one cycle and then start.
When that cycle gets finished it will take resources for the next run.

Do you sell intermediate products? (Assuming you have a SPP attached)
Do you have automated haulers which take energycells out of your storage?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 13. Feb 17, 20:42

Also remember that when you add a new station to the complex, all prices in the complex change back to default. It's entirely possible that some NPC's docked at the complex were waiting for prices to change, and when they did, the NPC(s) bought what they needed and left. Most superfreighter XL's can haul a LOT of e-cells.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 13. Feb 17, 21:56

Nanook wrote:Also remember that when you add a new station to the complex, all prices in the complex change back to default. It's entirely possible that some NPC's docked at the complex were waiting for prices to change, and when they did, the NPC(s) bought what they needed and left. Most superfreighter XL's can haul a LOT of e-cells.
Default price is 16 though, and I don't think NPCs will buy at that.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”