Teladi do not associate with piratesss. Never.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Teladi do not associate with piratesss. Never.

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 07:19

Not a question or a problem, just an amusing thing I've encountered. Usually you see pirate bases in some remote corner of the sector, right? Well, this is just bold:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/egirtgk6bjn4in ... 4752_1.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/yl6nyrb4ow5kmx ... 4800_1.jpg

I think the lizards went overboard with leasing sector space. I'm pretty sure that one laser tower can reach the lane :D

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 11:17

Unless I'm very very much mistaken, that's that PB's actual starting location - I see it in every game if I wander that way early enough - it DOES get wiped out eventually, though I never discovered whether it's by Teladi or some visiting navy. Other similarly boldly placed starting locations for PBs are one near the North gate of Priest's Pity, if I recall correctly, and another, not quite so bold, is near the South gate in New Income - though this one doesn't really qualify: it's in visual range, but hardly ah... erm... navigational hazard...
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 19:29

Ah, that might explain it. I've never been thereabouts early in the game before. Actually, I've encountered another one in a Split sector, already being worked on by the military.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 20:31

Stick around, maybe it'll drop something of value.
Where is it?

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 20:50

Nah, I couldn't be bothered to sit and wait for those Split ships to maneuver around all the asteroids. With all the collision avoidance it could take them forever to take it down IS :D

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 22:45

delray wrote:Stick around, maybe it'll drop something of value.
:o What? I did not know destroyed stations had drops! :oops:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 23:02

Only a little.

(Later in the game) I have one Base in Danna's Chance, so no Teladi relation. It was under attack by two M7: Argon and Paranid. Shields practically down, but not getting hull damage. I did run several missions to and from it, mostly "urgent deliveries", and I don't even own any Corellian YT-1300f light freighter.

Officially, the Argon and Paranid hate strongly dislike each other. The (lack of) effectiveness of that "joint attack" did support the backstory nicely.

However, when one of the M7's experienced an "unvoluntary crew change", the other lost interest on the Base and wandered off. The Teladi might seem overly tolerant, but the others are not far behind.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

ntweedie2007
x4

Re: Teladi do not associate with piratesss. Never.

Post by ntweedie2007 » Fri, 24. Feb 17, 08:33

radcapricorn wrote:Not a question or a problem, just an amusing thing I've encountered. Usually you see pirate bases in some remote corner of the sector, right? Well, this is just bold:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/egirtgk6bjn4in ... 4752_1.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/yl6nyrb4ow5kmx ... 4800_1.jpg

I think the lizards went overboard with leasing sector space. I'm pretty sure that one laser tower can reach the lane :D

What mod are you using to get the missiles to glow and look different on the mini-map? Your gates are also different to how mine look.

For me, missiles just show as the normal blue-y flat rectangle. Gates are a yellow/orange letter.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 24. Feb 17, 11:15

It's Pure HUD.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”