[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Xakthos
x4

Post by Xakthos » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 23:19

Cool thank you for the improvements. I read through the code changes and appears several of these will actually fix the problem I was facing. I'm starting a new game and giving it a whirl.
X.

Xakthos
x4

Post by Xakthos » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 23:54

Gibbynator wrote: @Xakthos - Maybe you could get a screenshot of the issue and post that and your gamesave somewhere. I'm not sure I understand what exactly your problem is, a picture or two would be worth a thousand words.
I will if I continue to have issues after the updates he released.

I loaded the save you have. First I have to say a plain 'wow'. I haven't put nearly as much time into the game as you. The save is clocking in at over 7d. Most of mine are in the 1 and 2 day range. Is it from SETA or pure time invested?

Second how the world did you get reputations the way you did... positive faction with xenon? I never even contemplated such a thing. You certainly are making bank off their stations you, I presume, copied from them.

Being a clearing house ship builder also seems to do a decent amount for you too. Your selection of ships and models available just kind of astound me for the diversity.

I either don't play enough or you have a master's hand for how you build up your empire. I tend to operate out of DV mostly myself, taking over the Molten Archon putting all my stations in that zone, building defenses at the entry points and turtling down from the Xenon I's that get sent my way looking for a fight with me.

So many upkeep quests too... and you built a sky meadows. I presume as a backup wheat supply in case of something?
X.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 23:56

Any chance to hace playerHQ mod compatibility patchor something similar?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 19. Sep 18, 08:48

the playerHQ(2.0)? from steam use in parts code that look like CWIR or BR-SY stuff, only problem is that he patches similar files
"best" would be the autor would release a asset only version in that case, without additional MD code (all required stuff should still in), then it may work
the DV HQ may work without LostSectors anyway, so it would usefull to spilt this, either, then also non LS users may use them (just my opinion)

Xakthos
x4

Post by Xakthos » Wed, 19. Sep 18, 22:33

So I'm running into a lot of Xenon ships that are, when targeted, claiming to be various factions like Acme, Split (Family Raijak(sp)) typically. Is that part of the covert system? Even by dropping their shields nobody else seemed to notice them.

I'm not sure I understand that functionality all that well, could a description on wiki be added for both why some ships seem to fly different colors so to speak and about Acme corporation? I start off with negative -9 reputation with them on free play. Not sure I understand their role. Do I lose contractor call ability if I attack them?
X.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 02:40

I'm trying to figure out the Voyager command and how it works. I've started the Verge Explorer start and picked up the cargo ship, but it seems to get trapped in Constant Cascade (probably scanning all those billions of tiny stations) until it generates enough interest from the Khaak and it's wiped out. Is there any way of having the command skip hostile areas?

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 19:34

@Xakthos I think the Xenon-cloaking feature is intended. I found that those cloaking can be cleared by getting the Skunk to scan the ships. Those ships will then turn from e.g. Republic of Cantera [ROC] (-30) to Xenon [XEN] (-30); then you can shoot them up safely.

@Xakthos ACME and DW have permanent -9 relations with the player. Maybe that is related to their "mercenary" status... from what I read (quite some time ago) you can either "show them your power" or pay them some money to temporarily convert them to +30 relations with the player.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 23:37

After doing some research i havent found if Captain and Defense Officer AI Overhaul is incompatible with this mod, i would think it is since the new jumping option using gate or direct jumping depending on captain skill.

Is it?

wojtasior

Post by wojtasior » Sat, 22. Sep 18, 18:56

acme cover is broken , for me at least
i used it like 3-4 hours ago and its still working , attacking xenon didnt fix this , only 1 turn hostile rest ignore me , i can kill 1 at time and others still blue

when attackin ROC they all turn red but acme cover remains ( got 30 rep for acme , my ships got -9 rep for ren otani )

any idea how fix this ?

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 23. Sep 18, 16:11

I font even know what he acme cover system is... i looked at the readme with nothing about acme cover

Xakthos
x4

Post by Xakthos » Mon, 24. Sep 18, 03:25

So after playing an unholy amount in the last couple days, my sleep suffers greatly, I've identified two things I'd like bring up.

First the salvage/repair function. I have the OL big salvager out in my area trying to recover wrecks. Problem is I get no messages when it is done with one so others despawn before I can change orders. Can it be adjusted to act as a patrol function for the various build again for yourself, build as neutral or get parts?

Second item is that I really need a way to keep the capital ships supplied. Stations have a 'restock' functionality but my ships do not. After a while all the drones get killed off. Is there a way built in that I just don't realize to restore and recover to original on it?
X.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Mon, 24. Sep 18, 23:05

I can't begin to tell you how much three salvage operations opened up my game experience! I ignored the Ayosana for the most part, but after learning about how it can salvage and repair other ships, I've been doing nothing but roaming around the universe grabbing wrecks and selling them. This is how I primarily played X3 and I am extremely happy that this is how I can now play Rebirth! Thanks!

It did take me far too long to figure out I needed salvage drones on my ship, sad to say.

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Tue, 25. Sep 18, 17:14

I'm new to NF, and I have some questions about the Business Center. But first, here's where I'm coming from. I built a HOL-CV, selected build spot, and ordered the construction of a BC. When completed, I went to manager to see settings, and noticed the trading operational range was set to the Sector it's built in. I also saw that I needed to build a radar to achieve System operational range. When I contacted the CV architect for further build plan, I got nothing as a response. Having read somewhere that some new stations need to be built by the contractor to work be built properly....

I restarted the game prior to build selection. Ordered the CV architect to build BC, asked contractor to build, and I forget "build ready to use" is what I selected. When station was complete, I noticed (1) got my CV back, (2) the manaager's operational range was set to Sector, and when I click to change, the top of the Manager screen says in red "Missing module Scanning Array for system-wide operations".

What have I done wrong, if anything?

The Wiki says "The Manager will then search for new Stations and trade updates (default a BC will work with the whole Galaxy, this can be limited to the System it is built in)." How do I get the BC to work with the whole Galaxy? Or, am I there and just don't know it?

Thanks,
Thu

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 25. Sep 18, 18:23

you should update to lastest build from github, this was fixed last week - i assume version you use is older

the BC range is made in NF settings, that have nothing todo with manager settings in this case

JRYK
x4

Post by JRYK » Wed, 26. Sep 18, 14:39

It looks that CV(AL) can be built with no shipparts and no basic costs.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 26. Sep 18, 16:05

thanks for reporting, add an update with wareentries for some missing CVs

at this update recycling got improvements:
- ships with care job should now recycle wrecked ships automaticly
- dropped cargo (near wreck) should collected too
- in case one or more cargoship(s) is docked at the recycling vessel -> cargo will transfered into them, so you may able to unload salvaged material without stopping ship at work, on the other hand this allow to extend cargospace of salvage vessel

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Wed, 26. Sep 18, 17:13

Sorry Marvin, what do you mean by "care job"?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 26. Sep 18, 20:10

If your vessel have enough welder drones and is not an fight-ship (like dedicated repairship) you may find repairservice piont behind more...
here you can start service the ship is repair other ships in zone/sector/system

Xakthos
x4

Post by Xakthos » Wed, 26. Sep 18, 23:46

So question about the salvage/recycle etc. I recovered a pair of I Mk3's but when they were rebuilt they only had Capital Field Generators and listed Force Field Projector 0 operational with 25 total. They never repair. I can't fix them in a shipyard. Engineer does nothing. Repair ship won't finish. They never re-arm so they're gunless. How do I fix that?
X.

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Thu, 27. Sep 18, 03:57

I had a similar issue in that I ordered two Manticores to rearm at a shipyard. I watched (via the map) them dock, but I never got the message the repairs were complete. When I looked on the property menu, neither had any guns or force field projectors, both ships had undocked, and looking at them on the map they had lost their green ship icons and were just small blue Manticore-resembling shapes on the map. I did notice the NPCs that had been given the repair order were still busy (could not order additional ship for them to construct), but I did not try to issue my ships any orders.

I've lost the saves as I've downloaded updates and restarted my game.

Regards,
Thufar

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”