[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 11. Apr 18, 01:08

Sorry, another topic!

The Trade ship Sulrahanar, is that added by New Frontier? It thought it was a Lost Sectors ship, but KrYcHokE says not.

Anyway, when I restored this Sulrahanar from a wreck, my Engineered repaired it up to 100% but this did not restore the Cargo hold! It was visibly all fine, but it was stuck just carrying fuel.

To fix this, I had to remove the Engineer (5*) damage the Hull so it dropped under 100% and then order a repair at a shipyard. Only once the Shipyard repair was complete - which took ages - was the full Cargo capacity restored.

Question: shouldn't the engineer be able to restore damaged cargo? I'm guessing this is a side effect of recovering a Wreck, an Engineer cannot fully restore the ship. Deliberate limitation?

Cheers,

Scoob.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 11. Apr 18, 09:38

Have revised the care system, now non repairable stuff should not destroyed

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 11. Apr 18, 12:44

Marvin Martian wrote:Have revised the care system, now non repairable stuff should not destroyed
Excellent, thanks for the update :)

Scoob.

escondido
x4

Post by escondido » Thu, 12. Apr 18, 18:52

hello is the lost sectors 1.3.0 campatible ??. thanks

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 12. Apr 18, 19:18

Latest version is compatible to ls130

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Thu, 12. Apr 18, 20:39

Do i need to use one of those new starts to play mod correctly ? Can i use Free play start and get what mod does ?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 12. Apr 18, 20:41

should work with each start (inlcuding plot), only a new game is required

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 12. Apr 18, 21:51

Any idea why a Ship won't finish construction in my Shipyard? This is the same ship that was queued up via auto-build some time back. Would my disabling auto-build break a ship mid-construction, or should the station simply finish it off?

As an aside, would it be straight-forward to save edit to removed this broken queued up ship?

Scoob.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 12. Apr 18, 23:01

in theorie the Trader of the Buildmodule should tell you also on Faction Ships the status of ware, so call him and look whats missing

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 13. Apr 18, 12:38

Marvin Martian wrote:in theorie the Trader of the Buildmodule should tell you also on Faction Ships the status of ware, so call him and look whats missing
No, that option isn't present for non-player ships. Only the ones I request myself have that. So, no way for me to ask the resource status.

I can't see that any resource could be missing. I doubled checked what the Stromvok needs at the DV Shipyard and my shipyard has plenty to finish the build - it's basically full of all resources. Unless that is NPC queued (auto-build) ships have the ability to request drones that are present. I.e. When I select to build a ship, the only Drones I can select to add are the Cargolifter and Construction ones I've added to the station. If, somehow, the auto-build is expecting additional drones that might be the problem. The ship certainly looks complete, I can select individual surface elements. However, it still shows as a construction site.

So, yeah, with the resource requirement dialogue option missing, I cannot check what's needed, so this L Cradle remains blocked.

Scoob.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 13. Apr 18, 13:43

My idea is that the ship request any ressource the shipyard not have - other then CV the Shipyard not add any tradeoffers for unusual material!!!

Min at your shipyard you should see the ressource-requests also for NPC ships - and also if you have everything the SY wish, it could be missed any unusal!

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 13. Apr 18, 13:57

Marvin Martian wrote:My idea is that the ship request any ressource the shipyard not have - other then CV the Shipyard not add any tradeoffers for unusual material!!!

Min at your shipyard you should see the ressource-requests also for NPC ships - and also if you have everything the SY wish, it could be missed any unusal!
All Trade Orders by the Shipyard are currently satisfied - I think it's full of everything, bar perhaps wanting just a handful of certain wares to top it up to 100% full. Most wares are either showing as full (i.e. 100 / 100), having slightly too much (i.e. 110 / 100) or almost full (i.e. 97 / 100)

Note: my Shipyard doesn't just want Ship Parts and Ship Part (Weapons) but also Force Field Generators for actual ship builds. Additionally, it still demands all the "standard" vanilla wares, which my trade ships and NPC's have been providing.

Scoob.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 13. Apr 18, 14:03

Scoob wrote:All Trade Orders by the Shipyard are currently satisfied
thats what i say, it will NOT add an trade for unusal material!!
for example any turrets at an Xenon-Shipyard

maybe at the actual build will request something the station not have and not want to have it will hang, so i need feedback (or Savegame, then i can take a look - but I'm away from PC over weekend, so if possible send i next hours otherwise i can take a look not for monday

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 13. Apr 18, 14:53

Ok, thanks.

Here's a copy of my saved game:

Google Drive Link

Note: Mods used are:

New Frontier (obviously)

Plus the two recommended mods:

The Lost Sectors 1.30
Herschel's Gift

Plus additional mods:

AutoTrain
Capital Ship bridge + Lost Sectors addon

I have all the Egosoft DLC.

If you can load my save, I'm in the Skunk facing the ship that's stuck.

Note: my performance issues are getting worse. FPS is not smooth, though regularly reported as 50-60 fps, it often dps to 30 fps. Fine control in the skunk (aiming etc.) is impossible and general gameplay, like menus etc. is not smooth.

Resource usage isn't high, CPU load usually around 30% fairly even over all cores, peaking to 40% max and 20% low. GPU load is also generally quite low, my GPU down clocks.

Also, when the fps drops occur, resource usage drops massively in conjunction. So, both CPU and GPU. Drives are fast (RAID0 SSD's) and even running from a RamDrive makes no difference, so it's not a drive thing.

Hopefully my save will help highlight what's going on, both regarding the stuck ship build and my huge performance degradation.

Scoob.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sat, 14. Apr 18, 10:37

Can‘t find an obviously Problem
The welder drones are low per buildmodul more then 30 Will Be used

I will See to lower the Ships, in your save more then 6000 ships active, thats the shuttering reason

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 15. Apr 18, 00:11

Marvin Martian wrote:Can‘t find an obviously Problem
The welder drones are low per buildmodul more then 30 Will Be used

I will See to lower the Ships, in your save more then 6000 ships active, thats the shuttering reason
Hi Marvin, thanks for taking a look.

Ok, perhaps I'll try adding some more Constructor URV's and see if building finishes - there are none visibly buzzing around the build site, which is what I'd expect to see.

It's a shame the game can't just use more system resources as needed, for whatever reason something chokes in the engine, so resources are under-utilised. I recall Egosoft speaking about how their engine will leverage up to 32 threads (IIRC) stating their engine could use "computers from the future". It's a little worrying that it can't use all the resources my seven year old CPU has to offer.

Hopefully any refinements to the engine during X4's development might make it into Rebirth, allow for ambitious mods like this to stretch their legs, so to speak.

Scoob.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 18. Apr 18, 23:42

Add an update to reduce jobships and try to make better SINZA performance, prevent also npc-ship-orders on SY without a min number of welder drones to avoid slow constructions

my TradeNetwork mod is now includet into NF (so in case you actual use, disable the mod after update to this newer version), because i see GalaxyRange mod try to use "ranged"-setting for station trading, but thats not added yet in vanilla scripts, so i start coding a working solution for NF that support this parameters and finally i decided to add the whole mod because it's easier then make all that stuff optional
anyway with "Job changer" a ship can now send for Galaxy-trades too (beside Network actions)

marceldev89

Post by marceldev89 » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 21:18

Marvin Martian wrote: ...
Hmm, after applying the latest changes from GitHub most of my small trade ships assigned to station managers no longer do any selling. There are a couple that so some buying though. I think it started after applying the last commit (c17d398d6d3c0a6f1f5ce305c1a6376965497b30), the one before that was fine if I recall correctly.

EDIT: Tried reverting to 850884f0ec7488e6ddf2e4440aa0dec842ed9a09 (the commit that introduced the trade network thingy) but still no selling happening. Going back even further results in logfile spam since that file no longer exists.

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 163503.41 AIDirector::LaunchTask(): AI script name 'trade.findtraderun.nf' not found!

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 22:08

Maybe Check the ship settings (call Pilot)
Default smallships work at sector instead system and can set to System or Zone individual
The Basic Setting is also sell only at a stocklevel of .3 and buy from up to .8 this can extended with prefering sell/buy

marceldev89

Post by marceldev89 » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 22:33

I'm only doing sector trading at the moment but those stocklevels probably are the cause of this. I'll check. :)

EDIT: Yep, stocklevels it is. I guess it makes sense to build up some stock before selling.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”