[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 15. Apr 18, 00:11

Marvin Martian wrote:Can‘t find an obviously Problem
The welder drones are low per buildmodul more then 30 Will Be used

I will See to lower the Ships, in your save more then 6000 ships active, thats the shuttering reason
Hi Marvin, thanks for taking a look.

Ok, perhaps I'll try adding some more Constructor URV's and see if building finishes - there are none visibly buzzing around the build site, which is what I'd expect to see.

It's a shame the game can't just use more system resources as needed, for whatever reason something chokes in the engine, so resources are under-utilised. I recall Egosoft speaking about how their engine will leverage up to 32 threads (IIRC) stating their engine could use "computers from the future". It's a little worrying that it can't use all the resources my seven year old CPU has to offer.

Hopefully any refinements to the engine during X4's development might make it into Rebirth, allow for ambitious mods like this to stretch their legs, so to speak.

Scoob.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 18. Apr 18, 23:42

Add an update to reduce jobships and try to make better SINZA performance, prevent also npc-ship-orders on SY without a min number of welder drones to avoid slow constructions

my TradeNetwork mod is now includet into NF (so in case you actual use, disable the mod after update to this newer version), because i see GalaxyRange mod try to use "ranged"-setting for station trading, but thats not added yet in vanilla scripts, so i start coding a working solution for NF that support this parameters and finally i decided to add the whole mod because it's easier then make all that stuff optional
anyway with "Job changer" a ship can now send for Galaxy-trades too (beside Network actions)

marceldev89

Post by marceldev89 » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 21:18

Marvin Martian wrote: ...
Hmm, after applying the latest changes from GitHub most of my small trade ships assigned to station managers no longer do any selling. There are a couple that so some buying though. I think it started after applying the last commit (c17d398d6d3c0a6f1f5ce305c1a6376965497b30), the one before that was fine if I recall correctly.

EDIT: Tried reverting to 850884f0ec7488e6ddf2e4440aa0dec842ed9a09 (the commit that introduced the trade network thingy) but still no selling happening. Going back even further results in logfile spam since that file no longer exists.

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 163503.41 AIDirector::LaunchTask(): AI script name 'trade.findtraderun.nf' not found!

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 22:08

Maybe Check the ship settings (call Pilot)
Default smallships work at sector instead system and can set to System or Zone individual
The Basic Setting is also sell only at a stocklevel of .3 and buy from up to .8 this can extended with prefering sell/buy

marceldev89

Post by marceldev89 » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 22:33

I'm only doing sector trading at the moment but those stocklevels probably are the cause of this. I'll check. :)

EDIT: Yep, stocklevels it is. I guess it makes sense to build up some stock before selling.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 23:29

Hi Marvin,

I applied the update this evening and Salvaging no longer appears to work.

I select "Restore Wrecked" as usual, then pick the ship, but neither "Salvage ship" nor "just restore ship" do anything.

All that happens is my Ayosana show the command "Support nil" and it does nothing.

This isn't the salvage failing randomly either, as I can repeatedly try the command on the same ship - it never gets greyed out.

Edit: After my Ayosana shows the command "Support nil" for several minutes, it does fly to the rough proximity of the wreck. Note: I did issue the command a number of times before it actually moved. However, it then stops and I get the "Standing by and waiting for orders" message from the captain. The wreck is still a wreck, it's not been restored to a neutral, damaged ship at 5% hull.

Edit 2: After several attempts at restoring a Wreck, one finally worked. I'm thinking this must be linked to the random failure chance when trying to restored a wreck, however, I wasn't getting any message to suggest it failed. So, the issues are:

- the "Supporting nil" message - we used to get the target ship name.
- the Ayosana sometimes doing nothing though re-issuing the command seems to wake it up.

Note: I like how the target ship isn't instantly restored any more, rather the Ayosana needs to fly close to it first. This is good. However, for whatever reason, salvaging has been a little glitchy for me this eve, with no communication regarding failures.

Note 2: if the command does appear to work initially, and the Ayosana starts moving, a target wreck will sometimes become greyed out after the ship stops. Basically, trying to salvage doesn't have an instant fail state now, so the player needs to spend time to see if it works or not. Again, this is good :)

Any ideas?

Scoob.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 09:22

Salvage is now changed to move to Wreck first and start then the restore - success/failure is changed to this moment
i will try to make the response at ship command more clear

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 12:17

Marvin Martian wrote:Salvage is now changed to move to Wreck first and start then the restore - success/failure is changed to this moment
i will try to make the response at ship command more clear
Yes, I think better communication to the player would make things clearer.

Needing to fly to the wreck is a better approach I think.

Note: when my Ayosana did successfully recover and start repairing the final wreck I tried to salvage, it didn't convert it to my ownership like it used to. Basically the sequence of events was:

- Select "Salvage Ship"
- Ayosana slowly flies to the approximate position of wreck showing "support nil" command
- Ayosana gets near wreck, wreck restored to neutral ship
- Ship is not moved into a docked position, it's still floating in space near to the Ayosana. Previously the now neutral ship would visibly appear docked underneath the Ayosana.
- Ship is not made player-owned as before, but it does start to be repaired - this didn't work for me previously.
- Only once I add crew is the ship made mine.

So, things are a little different, but make sense. I'm assuming this is all as intended, perhaps bar the ship being restored not appeared docked to the Ayosana as before?

Adding some additional player communication will help. The prior "Support [shipname]" will help, as will bringing back the "fail" communication rather than the Ayosana's Captain simply saying the "Standing by..." dialogue. It need to be clear the salvage has failed.

Scoob.

marceldev89

Post by marceldev89 » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 01:12

FYI I saw this getting spammed to the log. It stopped after forcibly undocking the trader ships from whatever station they were docked in.

Code: Select all

[General] 198750.55 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 198750.55 AIDirector::Move(): Possibly infinite wake request loop: move.park on entity 0x58679b7, wake reason mask=0001 (Most likely cause: Script starts and returns immediately)
[=ERROR=] 198750.55 AIDirector::Move(): Possibly infinite wake request loop: move.park on entity 0x5835fe7, wake reason mask=0001 (Most likely cause: Script starts and returns immediately)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 18:24

Marvin Martian wrote:Don't know what TAF directly do (haven't used)

If you send a Ship to explore Sector-Galaxy the ship will place at all non enemy stations tradeagents automaticly anyway

The other option is to buy a HoL CV, here you can Build a Tradecenter Station, the Manager will now start to "explore" other Stations and setup tradeagents starting at his sector up to allover the galaxy over the time (in my opinion it doesn't make sense nobody talk to each other, also in preInternet times they had yellowpages) at the NF Config you can limit this behavior of the Manager to the System instead of Galaxy, so you would need to Build in each cluster a own Tradecenter the number of each run is depending on the Skill of the Manager
old CWIR vet, but newbie here.

What ship can be used for Exploration, and how can I issue the command?(Sorry can't find how to do it).

marceldev89

Post by marceldev89 » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 18:33

You can tell pretty much any ship to explore with comm -> more -> voyager -> select an option. I think only capitals can explore the whole galaxy with a single command.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 18:38

marceldev89 wrote:You can tell pretty much any ship to explore with comm -> more -> voyager -> select an option. I think only capitals can explore the whole galaxy with a single command.
Thanks!

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 00:34

One more question:

So I docked the Skunk at the Unclaimed Rahanas in DRIPPY Ascent, but I cannot call the Captain to go over the freighter to claim it.
Neither does starting the boarding process. Yisha asked me to take out the Jump Drive, and I did, but nothing happened next (I would expect her to ask me to take out the shield or the engines?)

I have the latest drop from GitHub.

marceldev89

Post by marceldev89 » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 02:44

Is it just me or are repair drones not working? I don't think I've seen any repair drones ever since I've loaded up this mod.

EDIT: Hmm, I see that all the repair drone stuff is "chanced"-out. Are we supposed to be using something else?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 15:42

marceldev89 wrote:Is it just me or are repair drones not working? I don't think I've seen any repair drones ever since I've loaded up this mod.

EDIT: Hmm, I see that all the repair drone stuff is "chanced"-out. Are we supposed to be using something else?
I've not once seem a repair drone deployed by a ship, however, having them equipped does appear to speed repairs along. The only issue being that a ships Drone Bay seems to be quite low on the repair priority.

To be fair though, my ships were constantly loosing their repair drones. Either they'd foolishly deploy them while still taking fire, or leave them floating in space, orphaned & unable to dock again. I think some work-arounds were added in official patches to lessen the latter one, Drones would teleport back to the ship. This didn't help with destroyed drones however.

@ VincentTH: I just called the Crew I had on the Skunk over as normal to take over the Rahanas you mention, though that was a few mod versions ago. That said, I'm asking guys to crew recovered ships without issue as recently as last night.

Scoob.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 16:26

Scoob wrote:
marceldev89 wrote:Is it just me or are repair drones not working? I don't think I've seen any repair drones ever since I've loaded up this mod.

I've not once seem a repair drone deployed by a ship, however, having them equipped does appear to speed repairs along. The only issue being that a ships Drone Bay seems to be quite low on the repair priority.

To be fair though, my ships were constantly loosing their repair drones. Either they'd foolishly deploy them while still taking fire, or leave them floating in space, orphaned & unable to dock again. I think some work-arounds were added in official patches to lessen the latter one, Drones would teleport back to the ship. This didn't help with destroyed drones however.

@ VincentTH: I just called the Crew I had on the Skunk over as normal to take over the Rahanas you mention, though that was a few mod versions ago. That said, I'm asking guys to crew recovered ships without issue as recently as last night.

Scoob.
Thanks for confirming that it works. That means my install has a problem.

I have one related question: Do I need the original CWIR extension? Also, the other extension I have is Prosper DV, so I believe one or both of the above may have caused the problem. I have also verified my version of XR, and it checked out fine.

I also have one problem of saving sometimes crashed the game. May be when it loads back, it loads from an incomplete save and that borked the game.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 16:39

VincentTH wrote:

I have one related question: Do I need the original CWIR extension? Also, the other extension I have is Prosper DV, so I believe one or both of the above may have caused the problem. I have also verified my version of XR, and it checked out fine.

I also have one problem of saving sometimes crashed the game. May be when it loads back, it loads from an incomplete save and that borked the game.
No, New Frontier is a stand-alone mod though it's based off of CWIR, sharing much of it's base code. So, just install New Frontier. Also, don't install any "shipyard" type mods as New Frontier, like CWIR before it, handles that too.

Prosper DV is one of the "supported" mods for New Frontier, along with The Lost Sectors and Herschel's Gift. All three have compatibility patches already built in to New Frontier which activate as needed. However, there still are some compatibility issues. I.e. Lost Sectors added ships do not use the new Ship Parts system.

I do not personally use Prosper DV, but I have the other two installed.

Scoob.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 19:05

Scoob wrote:
VincentTH wrote:

No, New Frontier is a stand-alone mod though it's based off of CWIR, sharing much of it's base code. So, just install New Frontier. Also, don't install any "shipyard" type mods as New Frontier, like CWIR before it, handles that too.

Prosper DV is one of the "supported" mods for New Frontier, along with The Lost Sectors and Herschel's Gift. All three have compatibility patches already built in to New Frontier which activate as needed. However, there still are some compatibility issues. I.e. Lost Sectors added ships do not use the new Ship Parts system.

I do not personally use Prosper DV, but I have the other two installed.

Scoob.
I have restarted the game, with all other mods de-activated, and have no problems. I now only have the NF mod installed plus perf's RailGun swap mod. I was able to board the free Rahana fine.

I have one question: One of the feature in vanilla XR is the JumpDrive subplot mission that asked you to retrieve jump coolants from boxes embedded in stations. I remember one is in the Canterran station in Heartache Mist. However, when I went there, the station is not there at all. So, how can I obtain the Jump Drive in NF?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 20:12

VincentTH wrote: I have restarted the game, with all other mods de-activated, and have no problems. I now only have the NF mod installed plus perf's RailGun swap mod. I was able to board the free Rahana fine.

I have one question: One of the feature in vanilla XR is the JumpDrive subplot mission that asked you to retrieve jump coolants from boxes embedded in stations. I remember one is in the Canterran station in Heartache Mist. However, when I went there, the station is not there at all. So, how can I obtain the Jump Drive in NF?
Glad it's working.

I've not tried that mission, though it is in my mission list.

I actually had the same issue in CWIR with the target station getting destroyed. I thought Blackrain put a fix in to protect certain plot and mission-related stations, but perhaps that didn't make it over to NF?

Scoob.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 21:36

Scoob wrote:
VincentTH wrote: I have restarted the game, with all other mods de-activated, and have no problems. I now only have the NF mod installed plus perf's RailGun swap mod. I was able to board the free Rahana fine.

Glad it's working.

I've not tried that mission, though it is in my mission list.

I actually had the same issue in CWIR with the target station getting destroyed. I thought Blackrain put a fix in to protect certain plot and mission-related stations, but perhaps that didn't make it over to NF?

Scoob.
I just got the box in
Spoiler
Show
Alpha Quadrant
, and it has 9 JD coolants. it appears that one can lose a couple of boxes, but still can complete the Jump Drive mission, which requires 20. IIRC, JD coolants can also be collected using the Buy box missions, but I can't rely on my memory any more :-)!!!!

[EDIT] I just found out that JD Coolants are removed as components to make the JD!!!!

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”