Space not visible from station interior

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

quarren
x4

Space not visible from station interior

Post by quarren » Tue, 14. Mar 17, 12:41

Hi guys,

first of all: I am unsure if this even is a technical problem or my memory just fails me.

I dimly remember being able to see space from inside certain stations at release (or was it just in dev blogs/videos?). The "ribbed" canteran corridor comes to mind, or the "viewing platform" used for some stations in Omicron Lyrae (the one that is also used in the "Capital Ship Bridge" mod). So, am I imagining things or has that never been a thing in X Rebirth? Am I having a technical problem?

Thanks a lot

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 14. Mar 17, 13:55

You can definitely see the surrounding space and nearby live activity from on the docking platforms of stations and capital ships. I don't recall ever seeing the same from within other station interiors though - although I could be wrong.

I'll move this to the Rebirth Universe forum for now as it will get greater exposure to other players there.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 14. Mar 17, 16:37

in Vanilla this has only been the case for the Repair Platforms which are used for Alboin Repairdocks, Albion L / XL Ship Trade Docks and all Capships. there is a section in the Canteran Stations which supposedly shows the exterior, but it always has been orange blur only. similar for the room used in the Capship Mod - the Window is indeed transparent, but this platform was never set to non-opaque, so it will only show blackness..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

quarren
x4

Post by quarren » Tue, 14. Mar 17, 17:08

Allright, I guess my memory failed me there. :D

Not making space visible from inside the various station interiors is a huge missed opportunity in my opinion, would've made walking around stations much cooler (I mean, the model for the viewport is already there!).

So... is there a mod for it? :)

Veeshan
x3ap

Post by Veeshan » Tue, 14. Mar 17, 17:50

This has been my main complaint about WIS from the very beginning; as far back as Eve Online ive pointed out that seeing outside is basically half the reason to have interiors.

In reverse, it's why it was so awesome to have cockpits drawn! Gives a sense of being human with respect to everything around you.

The next step here is realistic transfer between; airlocks and space suits. Imagine Walking ON Stations/Ships! Laser blasts blowing holes in the metal, pockmarked shielding, weapon fire exploding beyond the shield, missles exploding from their tubes.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”