[x3:ap Xrm] Any solution to degrading performance yet?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Eibhleann
x3ap

[x3:ap Xrm] Any solution to degrading performance yet?

Post by Eibhleann » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 11:59

Hi all. I was wondering if any headway had been made on the issue posted in this thread some years back: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

My game has become practically unplayable, particularly in combat (Zyarth's Dominion is terrible) and in semi-busy sectors (Argon Prime) and there appears to be a "quick and dirty" workaround that leaves ghost missions laying around, which I'd prefer not to have. Anyone done more digging into this and found a way around that? I'd rather not have to disable mission types or have annoying remnants of removed missions laying around. Thanks :)

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 12:52

There's a patch in the works addressing this. Here's a post about it in the testing forum.

Eibhleann
x3ap

Post by Eibhleann » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 13:09

Awesome, thank you :) Few questions, will I be able to run the beta with my mods enabled? And, if I were to theoretically save my game on the beta version, would it become unusable if I rolled back to the stable version?

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 14:15

You can run it with mods. And no, if you save with the beta, you won't be able to load it with the previous version.

Eibhleann
x3ap

Post by Eibhleann » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 14:33

Ah, I see. I shall keep a backup of my stable saves then. Thank you :]

Eibhleann
x3ap

Post by Eibhleann » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 16:30

Apologies for the double-post, I'm unsure if just editing will get this seen. I installed the beta (and placed the scripts from XRM part 2 where they're supposed to be as per the instructions for game updates, as well as deleted the 00044 file) and I don't see too much of a difference in my current save. Argon prime is still sitting at 11-13 fps while sitting just outside the jump beacon post-jump, and Zyarth's Dominion is something like 15-22, which is an improvement, but there's not much going on in my current save there since they roflstomped everyone in the sector, just lots of xenon, myself, and maybe two Split fighters, so it's hard for me to say if it's because there's not much fighting compared to normal, or if it's because of the patch.

However
, upon loading a new game (still using the same mods) my framerate is absolutely stellar in comparison. Flying around Argon Prime around 40~60FPS, I used the cheat package to give myself a hyperion and supertuned it, jumping around different sectors that I know to be rather heavy with fighting. Zyarth's had nothing going on and it was smooth as butter. Elena's Fortune had some heavy fighting going on, and my framerate was around 20-25, still poor, but MUCH better than the usual 8 I get in big fights. Any ideas? Anything I should be doing to clean up my save for better FPS?

Edit: I should mention that I did build a complex in Argon Prime, consisting of 26 stations. I also have several CAGs and CLS2 ships running around, homebased there.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 16:48

There was one mission fix which does take time to clear up. The only way to know for sure is to reset the mission director and see what changes.

New games are generally faster as the universe is not fully populated.

Eibhleann
x3ap

Post by Eibhleann » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 16:50

Wouldn't resetting the mission director wipe all my missions, though? Plot missions etc? I have two plot missions in my mission log at the moment, Treasure Hunt and Corporation Troubles, along with some others that are available that I haven't picked up yet. Would I lose these, or would I just have to contact the NPC who gives them again?

Edit: I also completed the Teladi mission for the
Spoiler
Show
albatross and player HQ
. Would it allow me to get that again? I'd prefer that it didn't, but if it's the only way to fix my fps I can deal with it.

Edit 2: Went ahead and tried it. My framerate in argon prime did not change, sadly.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 17:13

I only suggested it as a test. It will essentially break everything, so don't save after you do.

You could send me the savegame to take a look but given that mods are involved, it may be inconclusive.

Eibhleann
x3ap

Post by Eibhleann » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 17:20

Sure, I can do that. I'll list all the mods I have installed below. I will say this, one of the mods I have is the cockpit mod listed on the XRM mod page. In first person my framerate tanks. In third person, it's better. I tried deleting it but ended up with giant distance numbers over the nose of my ship. Not sure what's up with that, will have to go digging around. Either way, when I removed it, giant numbers aside, my framerate went from 15-25 to 30 in Zyarth's Dominion.

Installed mods:

• Abandoned Ship Spawner for AP
• Bounce
• Cheat Collection Package AP
• Cockpit Pack with tints, HUD info, and Gravidar put back
• Community Plugin Configuration
• Cronos Advanced Fight Scripts
• Detector
• Factory Complex Constructor
• Hotkey Manager
• Improved Boarding
• JSON parser library
• MARS
• MARS TC-AP v5.26 RepackedForPluginManager_formajormods
• Marine Repairs
• Mobile Mining Mk2
• Salvage Claim Software
• RankingPY (Pirate/Yaki ranking in personal menu)
• Tubeless Complex Mod
• Ware Manager
• XRM
• XRM Combat Performance Patch
• XRM Docking Ware Fix
• XRM Hull High
• dock_lockup_fix
• freight drone transfer v08

These are all on the latest version, for reference. Working on uploading my save now.

Edit: If needed I can post links to all the mods listed, or just upload a zip with all the modified folders and cat/dats and send it to you. Shouldn't be too big.

Edit 2: On second thought, it may be easier if I just upload my whole game to Mega or something. That'd be an overnight endeavor though, because my upload speed is awful. Just let me know what you want me to do and I'll do it :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”