Can anybody recommend a good headset?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

berth
x4

Post by berth » Wed, 22. Mar 17, 22:54

Join usss..........

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 22. Mar 17, 23:27

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
RegisterMe wrote:Yeah, I've looked at the Sennheiser website a couple of times, partly because you lot seem quite positive about them, and partly because a friend uses them and swears by them.

But my eyes popped out of my head when I saw some of the prices :).

£45 - £219 :o
Don't look on the manufacturers website. They have their own "recommended" prices, you can always get a product cheaper at most stores or on the internet.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 06:15

Check out the Sennheiser GSP 300 ... appear to fit what you require without being toooo expensive £80 @ Amazon...

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch » Sat, 25. Mar 17, 00:38

I use the Audio Technika BPHS1 along with a Behringer X1204USB mixer. Very nice headset.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 25. Mar 17, 01:13

birdtable wrote:Check out the Sennheiser GSP 300 ... appear to fit what you require without being toooo expensive £80 @ Amazon...
Nearly, I went for the 350 :).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

berth
x4

Post by berth » Sat, 25. Mar 17, 01:28

They look good. Please give us an update once you've used them for a bit. I'd be interested to hear what you think of them.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 25. Mar 17, 03:50

@ RegisterMe .... Welcome to fold my son, welcome. Yes let us know what you think of the 350's ,, can never have enough computer stuff / information... :)

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Can anybody recommend a good headset?

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 25. Mar 17, 23:58

RegisterMe wrote:...

So it'd be great if you guys had some recommendations :)...
It depends on what you want it for.

For myself, the best headset I have ever used was a Logitech USB headset made to be used with a PC or a Playstation 2. Dependable, great mic, nice controls, never any system/driver issues at all, compatible with everything I used, always recognized, great fidelity for a one-ear speaker and boom combo. Lightweight and comfortable.

But, they're no longer made, I don't think... :(

For PC, which I don't use in that way very much, I have a Plantronics collapsible setup, mainly for sticking in my laptop bag. (Plantronics has always been dependable, for me. But, I don't need hi-def sound. They've mfr'd call-center stuff for ages. Good PBX phones, too.)

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 08:57

berth wrote:They look good. Please give us an update once you've used them for a bit. I'd be interested to hear what you think of them.
So I've been using it for a few months now and I really like it:-

* excellent sound quality
* very comfortable to wear
* s/w is easy to use (not even sure I had to use any!) which is a complete contrast to Logitech
* excellent build quality (really, really good)

The one thing I don't like about it is that the cable has a micro-USB join in it, which I worry is a little fragile. Though it might be designed that way to protect more vulnerable parts of the headset / PC connectivity.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Return to “Off Topic English”