No votes
Not relevant to me.
33%

Total votes: 3

Solomon Short
x4

Hidden Lockboxes detract from fun?

Post by Solomon Short » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 04:24

Seriously, so many of these contain material that is useful for advancement (at least in the early game), but for me they're nearly impossible to find, even though I'm cheating & using a mod (Fly-by LockBoxes) that opens any lockbox I fly within 1km of.

I mean, I just spent upwards of 30m searching the Relocating Stones FP Pharma-Spice Farm for the 30MCr box listed on the wiki, without success (& having unlocked every info point I could find in an attempt to track which sections I had flown near).

If they're going to be lockboxes, shouldn't they at least "ping" on the Long-Range Scan?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 08:57

What colour are they with the most expensive scanner? Same as for things like asteroids?

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 14:22

I think Solomon is talking about the lockboxes embedded in station geometry. Those doesn't show on scanner.

I had some fun hunting a few of them down. Some I never found, some were more obvious. Some I stumbled upon withouth even looking.

I'd say it can be really useful if you have very specific objectives in mind, as many of them give you super-specialized equipment. But yeah, they are hard to find. For most of them, you have to worm your way inside the different modules before you can even see them. The wiki coordonate system is of help, but it can also be very confusing since you have no precise point of reference in the game.

It's fun, if that's your kind of thing. It can be very annoying after a while, though. You might want to go and hunt for another one, and/or come back later if you really want something specific.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”