GOG Summer Sale

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

muppetts
x3tc

GOG Summer Sale

Post by muppetts » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 11:18

Maybe we could pin or have a thread for Sale/Free all digital platforms thread (we have free steam thread most stuff goes in)

So just got the 2 expansions for Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone + Blood and Wine for 14 Euro 90 + a free copy of Rebel Galaxy + 1.60 Euro cash back in my GOG wallet for future purchases.

This upgraded my Witcher 3 copy to the GOTY version.

Seems the Goty has a few extras my base game was missing as well

Affords access to all additional content released so far, including weapons, armor, side quests, game modes and new GWENT cards!
- Features all technical and visual updates as well as a new user interface completely redesigned on the basis of feedback from members of the Witcher Commun
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 13:11

Why didn't you just buy the witcher 3 expansion pass for $12.89, it would have gave you both of the games you bought but at a cheaper price.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 13:37

There are 40 games on GOG connect too (if you own any of the games on steam you get them on GOG for free) including X2.

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 13:48

felter wrote:Why didn't you just buy the witcher 3 expansion pass for $12.89, it would have gave you both of the games you bought but at a cheaper price.
Just refunded and done exactly that!

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 20:42

darn you muppetts!!!!!

I spent £40 on gog.com already this month, and you just made me spend another five!!!!!

You sir are an evil person.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Thu, 8. Jun 17, 09:07

I luv em and pretty much have left steam now.

Just for people who have not used GOG, they received my ticket and credited my account with the difference in the DLC's vs the Expansion in 4 hours!

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 8. Jun 17, 22:23

For how long this gog connect action is available? I was offline for nearly 2 days, GOg ays connect is still available and when I link my gog and steam acc's gog says no eligible games detected
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Fri, 9. Jun 17, 08:32

Could be:

To connect your library with GOG.com, sign in to your active Steam account via this page. NOTE: Make sure your Steam Privacy Settings & Profile Status are set to public.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 9. Jun 17, 13:50

muppetts wrote:Could be:

To connect your library with GOG.com, sign in to your active Steam account via this page. NOTE: Make sure your Steam Privacy Settings & Profile Status are set to public.
I set my profile to public, but no dice. Nevertheless I signed up today morning once again and voila got 10 games and it's cool because they added X2 The threat as well :)
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 13. Jun 17, 02:32

If you spent over $10 at the gog summer sale you can claim rebel galaxy and alan wake's american nightmare . It's apparently retroactive so if you already spent the money you can still claim them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comm ... y_for_any/

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Tue, 13. Jun 17, 07:19

Yep I just got Alan Wake key this morning.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 13. Jun 17, 08:39

Same here, after buying Spellforce 2 and The Dwarves earlier.

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Wed, 14. Jun 17, 09:14

Oh let us know what The Dwarves is like when you get your first hour in! Looks interesting.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 14. Jun 17, 22:19

muppetts wrote:Oh let us know what The Dwarves is like when you get your first hour in! Looks interesting.
It's...not what I was expecting, frankly. The videos and screenshots give you the impression that it plays like a beat'em'up, but it's more like an RTS where you give orders to your heroes--you can even pause it, give the orders, and then they'll be carried out when you unpause. It's also a lot grimmer than the cartoony visuals would have you believe--I just encountered a burned-out village where they'd left an elf woman tied to a tree with her eyes put out and flayed from the neck down! It's definitely got me interested enough to see what happens next, that's for sure.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 15. Jun 17, 03:04

pjknibbs wrote:
muppetts wrote:Oh let us know what The Dwarves is like when you get your first hour in! Looks interesting.
It's...not what I was expecting, frankly. The videos and screenshots give you the impression that it plays like a beat'em'up, but it's more like an RTS where you give orders to your heroes--you can even pause it, give the orders, and then they'll be carried out when you unpause. It's also a lot grimmer than the cartoony visuals would have you believe--I just encountered a burned-out village where they'd left an elf woman tied to a tree with her eyes put out and flayed from the neck down! It's definitely got me interested enough to see what happens next, that's for sure.
I watched some let's plays for it. It looked fairly interesting and I do agree that the marketing for it appears a bit misleading, but not necessarily intentionally so, it just doesn't match up with gameplay.

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Thu, 15. Jun 17, 08:45

pjknibbs wrote:
THX!

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Sat, 17. Jun 17, 12:09

I got 4 games added to my GOG account from my steam list with GOG connect today, would be great to have essentially a back up.

Return to “Off Topic English”