AssignToCommander.xml/Start_Default_Script vs assigning mining ship to station

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Browser_ice
x4

AssignToCommander.xml/Start_Default_Script vs assigning mining ship to station

Post by Browser_ice » Sat, 25. Mar 17, 17:26

Hi, I noticed that when I assign a mining ship to a station (in this case a warehouse), the ship does nothing. I have invite/uninvite it a few times before it works or sometimes if it is already full of mining stuffs it can work. It seams very random.

I tried looking in the script for why and I came down to the MD script AssignToCommander.xml. Looking at it, no where does even assumes the ship can be a mining ship. I am trying to find out if this is the root of the problem (my free time is limited so having a bit of help would be nice).

Am I on the right track ?
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sun, 26. Mar 17, 03:46

HI Browser_ice i have had the same thing and with me it's all trade/miner ships assigned to warehouse there is another similar station affected in the same way sorry cant think of name.

I had posted about it sometime back all i got was negativity well at lease you're not alone by the way i don't build them station anymore and if i do i just leave them alone.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 26. Mar 17, 16:20

IIrc then the warehouse is a special case since it doesn't produce anything.

If you assign a miner to the manager of a station then he will get a list of collectable (minerals, ice, gas etc.) resources required for any (interim) products of that station. If there aren't any such resources in range or if the station does not require anything then the miner will switch to "free trade" and do nothing.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Tue, 28. Mar 17, 00:57

That is part of what I suspected.

But then that means that NPC mining vs stations was never coded. If was left out for some odd reason.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”