Teleporting Satellites

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Factor X
x3

Teleporting Satellites

Post by Factor X » Thu, 30. Mar 17, 03:02

Hello,

I'm playing X3TC with XRM and some other mods.

I have a problem. Maybe it's because i'm a rookie. But there's something I can't understand. When I try to deploy my navigation relay satellites, they keep teleporting outisde of the sector at a distance of 250km. I just eject them from my ship and instead of appearing behind, it appears 250km away.

Is this a normal behaviour? I can still see the stations prices but I don't have information about the traffic as the satellites is too far away.

I don't know if it's XRM related or it's just a bug.
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends."

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 30. Mar 17, 04:47

Could be a collision box problem. If sats and other objects are too close to the collision box of the ship when they are dropped, collision detection tend to go full retard and things end up in the middle of nowhere. This is mainly a problem for big ships though, and if you're flying a fighter it shouldn't be an issue.

So, what ship are you using, and are you able to try with another ship? Something small, like a fighter of some kind, is best suited, as they don't have large collision boxes and sats tend to drop nicely out the back. Personally I use Kestrels, as they are fast and among the few M5s that can carry M-sized cargo.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Factor X
x3

Post by Factor X » Thu, 30. Mar 17, 06:49

I'm using a buster. M4

And I try to release the Navigation Relay Satelite not too close to a station.

Strange.

TheHammer
x4

Post by TheHammer » Thu, 30. Mar 17, 19:07

Another option would be to drop them OOS with another ship.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 30. Mar 17, 23:15

Satellites (or any other ship or station object for that matter) deployed OOS at desired coordinates will still be "teleported" the first time you enter that sector if they are within the "collision box" of another station. I say "collision box" because it's not exactly that, for Terran stations it seems to be something much larger.

Basically whatever the reason is that makes your dropped satellites be teleported from where you drop them if you drop them in sector, will similarly teleport them if you drop them at the same coordinates OOS and then enter the sector. But as long as you never enter that sector then they will stay at the coordinates where you dropped them OOS.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Factor X
x3

Post by Factor X » Fri, 31. Mar 17, 02:59

Here is a list of my mods :

NPC Bailing addon
Claim Unknown sector spk
Logain Industries CseGC
Salvage command NPCs
Salvage Claim Software

XRM
Immersive Environments
IEX

Complex Cleaner

Enhanced Equipment Docks

Ecliptic Projector

MILITARY BASE RESPONSE REVAMP

MARS

XRM Addons
COCKPITS
HULL MODIFICATION (MID)
Compatibility patch for MARS
XRMi (for IEX compatibility)

Other mods :
1 - JSON PARSER LIBRARY
2 - ECS
3 - ENHANCED BRIEFINGS FOR STOCK MISSIONS
4 - GALACTIC NEWS SYSTEM
5 - DOCK LOCKUP FIX
6 - NUMERIC RACE RANKS
7 - GATES NO REP LOSS
8 - AUTO TERRAN JUMP
9 - FOLLOW ME / REMEMBER HOMEBASE / WINGMAN STATUS
10 - PURE X HUD
11 – MARINE REPAIRS 2
12 – UNIVERSE COLORED MAP for XRM
13 – SECTORMAP REVAMP
14 – ATF OUTPOST
15 – RESCUE PRINCESS
16 – BOUNCE
17 – ANARKIS Libraries
18 – ANARKIS DEFENSE SYSTEM RWE
19 – PIRATE GUILD RWE
20 – YAKI ARMADA RWE

As you can see, I installed only necessary mods or small modifications.[/u]

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 31. Mar 17, 06:01

This is just a completely wild guess, but try disabeling Bounce and see if that helps.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Factor X
x3

Post by Factor X » Fri, 31. Mar 17, 06:27

I will try.

Maybe I should generate a wall file (described in the mod readme).
I used the one for XRM 1.30d. But maybe I should generate my own.

Factor X
x3

Post by Factor X » Sat, 1. Apr 17, 06:33

That was it. Your wild guess was a good one Zaitsev!
I uninstalled BOUNCE and the problem was gone. BOUNCE was on by default. I should have disabled it immediatly.

Also, I had another question. As I noticed that during my installation, there was a script conflict. ANARKIS LIBRAIRIES and XRM have their own version of the script Lib.Cmd.Turret.Barrage.xml
I don't know what this script does, but there's a conflict here. I kept the version from XRM (which is smaller and older though).
I don't know if I did well. Someone can tell me?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 1. Apr 17, 22:04

memeics wrote:Satellites (or any other ship or station object for that matter) deployed OOS at desired coordinates will still be "teleported" the first time you enter that sector if they are within the "collision box" of another station. I say "collision box" because it's not exactly that, for Terran stations it seems to be something much larger.
i would say it is actually a "sphere" because it matches obversations and its the easiest method to check for need of collosion avoidance calculation-wise..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Factor X
x3

Post by Factor X » Sun, 2. Apr 17, 04:16

I have found the real culprit. It wasn't BOUNCE.
I thought so at first, because I disabled it and the problem was gone....for a time. And then....again....and again ( :x ) I drop a satellite and it's teleported outside the sector (288km)...
And then I found the culprit!! the real culprit!
And as strange as it is : it's the ECLIPTIC PROJECTOR.
Yes. I'm sure of that. It was the obvious. It was there, in front of my eyes.
When I enable it, it teleports the satelite (or any ware) I eject. When I switch off the projector, the satelite drops well.
It's the projector.
The rest of the game works just fine.
Now it worries me. Because I use the ecliptic projector a lot. I couldn't play without it.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 2. Apr 17, 08:31

Yes, what you describe is a known problem with the Ecliptic projector by laux and Lucike, which is also described in its thread if you have a look. The reason for this is that the plane used as projector grid is an actual object, which the collision avoidance notices as a problem for some reason during the placement of stations and other objects, although the collision for that object is turned off. Except for turning off the projector completely, whenever you place an object somewhere, there is no workaround to fix this iirc.
I could imagine though that forcing the position of the placed satellite / station via script, after it has been thrown out / built might work.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Factor X
x3

Post by Factor X » Sun, 2. Apr 17, 18:36

Interesting.
So I can use it as long as I switch it off if I want to drop stuff.
Does it affect other AI ships as well?
For now, I didn't see any other bugs. I spotted some wares droped by other ships, and they seemed normal (not outside of the sector).

Unfortunately the thread from laux and Lucike is in german. WHich is not my forte.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”