Hmmm WHere [is the update?]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

phantomrock2
x4

Hmmm WHere [is the update?]

Post by phantomrock2 » Fri, 7. Apr 17, 01:04

Where are the much promised updates four something months later..? :o

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 7. Apr 17, 10:35

They are on public beta, being tested. Meanwhile we're in the process of sorting out the matching Linux and OSX builds, which should be the final piece of the puzzle.

phantomrock2
x4

I Am Already Running Those

Post by phantomrock2 » Sun, 9. Apr 17, 23:21

:P I am already running those public betas that when you uninstall game saves will not reload... Do not worry I saved before I installed the PBUs!

However, however...after so many hours and years of playing mainly AP & TC I see there is a (or could have been) endless ground for new plots and what not that would have been great when & if inserted into the game. I am all for not having too much of the players telling the developers HOW to build the game or if we are asked then what gets priority over what does not get priority for what is added. I just hope there is some things added such as ships that went away in some of the past updates and weapon platforms and being able to purchase blueprints as opposed to getting offered to purchase the same blueprints over and over. And the capacity of the HQ moved up a bit. & in the world of all the digital communication some can sound cold and impersonal & if it seems if this post reply is then it really is not.
THANKS

Thanks

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 10. Apr 17, 12:43

If you've already tried the public betas then you'll know that they contain mainly fixes rather than new features. These are the only updates for X3TC/AP that could reasonably be described as "much promised".

Regarding plans for any more substantial development based on X3, we've made it clear on a number of occasions that, while the door is still open for this, we can't commit to anything definite, not least because we are rather busy.

phantomrock2
x4

OK Thanks

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 10. Apr 17, 21:51

Roger

junglehunter2
xr

Re: I Am Already Running Those

Post by junglehunter2 » Wed, 12. Apr 17, 10:21

phantomrock2 wrote::P

However, however...after so many hours and years of playing mainly AP & TC I see there is a (or could have been) endless ground for new plots and what not that would have been great when & if inserted into the game.
Thanks
New Plots.. Please let the Community do that. I don't want to search the Internet for months because the Plot is buggy...

The only wish I have besides the other many bugs and horrible gui is that you bring better performance.

Where is the fun when you have a plot with a heavy battle and the game is stuttering?? :evil:

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Wed, 12. Apr 17, 10:32

junglehunter2 wrote:New Plots.. Please let the Community do that. I don't want to search the Internet for months because the Plot is buggy...
I take it you are not aware that the added plots to AP (the ones added with the Shady Business update) were community made including new assets such as the Terran HQ?

junglehunter2
xr

Post by junglehunter2 » Wed, 12. Apr 17, 21:35

Sinxar wrote:
junglehunter2 wrote:New Plots.. Please let the Community do that. I don't want to search the Internet for months because the Plot is buggy...
I take it you are not aware that the added plots to AP (the ones added with the Shady Business update) were community made including new assets such as the Terran HQ?

Don't Blame me. I love the community. Without the community this game is a total mess.

But the main question was: ETA of the promised update and my wish of the update regardless who is coding new plot.

But of course i love plots anyway. But 30 of ingame time I am crawling throug the internet how things are working, 60% of the time I am busy with admin of my fleet and 10% percent I am playing.

This game has many problems beside of new plots.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Wed, 12. Apr 17, 22:59

junglehunter2 wrote:This game has many problems beside of new plots.
Do you feel it is worth rewriting a 11 year old game engine instead of working on X4?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 13. Apr 17, 08:54

junglehunter2 wrote:The only wish I have besides the other many bugs and horrible gui is that you bring better performance.
Performance improvements related to generic missions are part of the beta update. Feel free to give it try. :) All relevant pieces of information can be found in the beta forum.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”