Ship ID

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

skywolf33
x3tc

Ship ID

Post by skywolf33 » Sun, 16. Apr 17, 02:32

I Often get's mission to find a Stolen Ship via ID tag not Name, Looking for some script that would interface with Seattleites to locate such ship on map. Example, where the hell is MH-307 :idea: I know Yall Don't Like to Cheat don't mean on a Spouses or Loved one but at the same time if they go AWOL or Missing then im sure you would like to know. :evil:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 16. Apr 17, 20:04

It's been a while for me, but usually in these missions the Mission Guidance system should point you at least to the initial sector, where the ship was last seen. (In a normal return ship mission the guidance system even points you all the way to the ship in question, but I don't remember the exact details if just the ship id is mentioned.) From there, if you already have satellites in this and the neighbouring sectors, finding the proper ship should be as easy as opening the sector map and looking through the object list, where the ids of all objects in scanner range of your property are displayed on the right side. If you don't have satellites there, either jump to the last known sector yourself or send one of your ships there, search through the object list of the sector map, and if you didn't find the target ship, fly to the next sector. A Triplex Scanner is a worthy investment in this case. If you found the ship, i.e. if you are in the same sector, maybe just after you have reached a certain distance to it, the ship should be visibly marked by the Mission Guidance system.
If you want the last sector the ships was seen in to be displayed in the mission briefing kurush's Mission briefing fix for stock missions could be something for you.

As for the id itself, the first letter of a ship id usually refers to the owner race (A - Argon, B - Boron etc.). The second and third letter stands for the ship class (M5, M4, M3 etc.).
skywolf33 wrote:I know Yall Don't Like to Cheat don't mean on a Spouses or Loved one but at the same time if they go AWOL or Missing then im sure you would like to know.
Well, try to see it this way: Imagine your car is stolen, and the private detective you want to hire only agrees to help you, if you know exactly where your car already is. Well, in that case you wouldn't have to hire a private detective though, would you? ;) As for cheating, it's your game, so you don't need to justify yourself.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”