X3TC - Some questions on complexes (and that wonderful Hub plot)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

brandnewiain
x3ap

X3TC - Some questions on complexes (and that wonderful Hub plot)

Post by brandnewiain » Wed, 19. Apr 17, 14:44

Apologies if these are stupid questions, but I'm pretty new to the games :P

1) Is there a way to stockpile resources? Planning on starting to do that well in advance of the Hub plot. Do I just have to set the maximum price as high as it can go and hope the AI isn't stupid enough to pay for it?

2) I built my first complex in Blue Profit (a Dream Farm L and two Bliss Place M - I told myself I'd be a legitimate businessman in TC as well, but the guaranteed profits were too much to resist) Is it more cost effective to build multiple small complexes or one massive super-complex? At the moment they struggle to make enough money to balance out the energy payments because of how long production takes

3) One of my later goals is to try and save the Terran economy, from what I can tell the main things required are food, ice and energy in their interior sectors. Am I missing anything obvious?

4) When it comes time to building the massive computer chip super-complexes for the Hub Plot, is there a good place to put those? Bearing in mind I'll be doing the plot in this order -
Terran, Operation Final Fury, Goner (Any order)
First 1/3 of HUB
Aldrin
Rest of HUB
A New Home
HQ plot
Balance of Power
Treasure Hunt

Thanks

AleksMain
x3tc

Re: X3TC - Some questions on complexes (and that wonderful Hub plot)

Post by AleksMain » Wed, 19. Apr 17, 15:12

brandnewiain wrote:...
1) Is there a way to stockpile resources? Planning on starting to do that well in advance of the Hub plot. Do I just have to set the maximum price as high as it can go and hope the AI isn't stupid enough to pay for it?
As I had found, best storage for resources is TL.

Microchips can be bought manually without any complexes.

brandnewiain wrote: ...
2) I built my first complex in Blue Profit (a Dream Farm L and two Bliss Place M - I told myself I'd be a legitimate businessman in TC as well, but the guaranteed profits were too much to resist) Is it more cost effective to build multiple small complexes or one massive super-complex? At the moment they struggle to make enough money to balance out the energy payments because of how long production takes

Best way is to do few huge complexes, because of the safety, management and game performance problems for other types and quantity of complexes.

To be sure, that complex is not problem for you, do SSC complex.

3) One of my later goals is to try and save the Terran economy, from what I can tell the main things required are food, ice and energy in their interior sectors. Am I missing anything obvious?
I prefer complexes, which do not rely on the external factors, like buyers or sellers.

Weapon and missiles can be used by pilot or can be sold manually in any quantities.

brandnewiain
x3ap

Post by brandnewiain » Wed, 19. Apr 17, 16:06

AleksMain wrote: As I had found, best storage for resources is TL.

Microchips can be bought manually without any complexes.
True, but with the sheer amount needed it feels like it's easier to get my own complexes going.
So I need to have ships at the complex buying my resources? Wish there was an easier way with less micromanaging
AleksMain wrote:...
To be sure, that complex is not problem for you, do SSC complex.
Main issue is that system doesn't have silicon asteroids which I think are required for crystals? So it comes down to whether I want to buy in energy cells, crystals or silicon.
AleksMain wrote: I prefer complexes, which do not rely on the external factors, like buyers or sellers.

Weapon and missiles can be used by pilot or can be sold manually in any quantities.
True, but it seems like if there's one thing Terran space has enough of it's weapon factories. Sure I could build my own that actually functions but all the AI factories would still be empty

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Wed, 19. Apr 17, 16:35

brandnewiain wrote:
So I need to have ships at the complex buying my resources? Wish there was an easier way with less micromanaging

Yea, as it is described in manual. Make complex as Home base and order them (must have Trade Command Software MK1,Mk2) to Buy Ware for Best Price.

You can see details here:
http://x3wiki.com/index.php/Complex

About your problems with location of the complex in the sector without proper asteroids ...

If you want to build SSC complex, then you must find another sector.

True, but it seems like if there's one thing Terran space has enough of it's weapon factories. Sure I could build my own that actually functions but all the AI factories would still be empty
This is why I said, that I prefer to exclude sellers and buyers.

You can sell any quantity of the weapons to HQ of any race manually.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Wed, 19. Apr 17, 17:22

I did a fairly comprehensive work up on the Terran economy if you Google for the thread 'Tips for Terrans'.
Sorry I can't link directly ATM I'm on my Kindle.

edit:
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=313335
Mercury;
Protein Paste Facility M

Venus;
Water Purification Plant L (Ice provided by ship with CLS2 from Logistics Platforms)
MRE Food Loop (Protein Paste Facility L + USC Food Factory L)

Mars;

Jupiter 2;
Carbo Cake Factory L
Protein Paste Facility L

Jupiter 3;
Complex - (5x 1MJ Shields, 1x EMPC, 1x Keris) *Self Sustaining

Saturn 2;
Water Purification Plant L (Ice provided by ship with CLS2 from Uranus Ice Mines)
Protein Paste Facility L

Saturn 3;
Complex - (5x 1MJ Shields, 5x EMPCs) *Imports Crystal

Uranus;
Water Purification Plant L (Ice provided by ship with CLS2 from Uranus Ice Mines)
Protein Paste Facility M

Neptune;
Carbo Cake Factory M
Protein Paste Facility L

Pluto;
Carbo Cake Factory L
Complex - (Crystals)
Complex - (5x 1MJ Shields, 5x EMPCs) *Imports Crystal

Kuiper Belt;
Complex - (5x 1MJ Shields, 5x EMPCs) *Self Sustaining
Complex - (10x 1MJ Shields, 15x EMPCs) *Imports Crystal, see Notes.

Oort Cloud;
Complex - (10x 1MJ Shields, 10x EMPCs)*Semi Open Loop

Megnir;
Complex - (Crystals)
Complex - (HQ Support)

Aldrin 2;
Water Purification Plant L (Ice provided by ship with CLS2 from Megnir Ice Mines)
Player HeadQuarters

Aldrin;
BoFu Food Loop (Biogas Factory M + BoFu Chemical Lab M)
Rastar Food Loop (Chelt Space Aquarium M + Rastar Refinery M)
Massom Food Loop (Scruffin Farm M + Massom Mill M)
Soja Food Loop (Soy Farm M + Soyery M)
Nostrop Food Loop (Flower Farm M + Nostrop Oil Refinery M)

Notes;
Kuiper Belt can be expanded substantially by importing Crystal.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Hub?

Post by Bill Huntington » Wed, 19. Apr 17, 23:12

Welcome to TC!

The HUB plot in TC is special !! The longest part is MC. I usually build the biggest complex I can in Barren Shores as early as I can and build and save MC. The limit is how many big Solars you can support. You still won't have enough when it's time for MC. I shift the other complexes to MC as I can. I usually have money so I buy the big Mistrals and don't expand them fully. If I've picked up big TSs I use them too.

I can't believe I've punished myself with HUB ten times and more. I've played many more games of TC without the HUB.

Good Luck!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 00:01

brandnewiain wrote:....
4) When it comes time to building the massive computer chip super-complexes for the Hub Plot, is there a good place to put those? Bearing in mind I'll be doing the plot in this order -
Terran, Operation Final Fury, Goner (Any order)
First 1/3 of HUB
Aldrin
Rest of HUB
A New Home
HQ plot
Balance of Power
Treasure Hunt

Thanks
As soon as you finish the Terran plot, or maybe a little before, start the Hub plot, assuming you meet the conditions. The Hub is such a long term endeavor that it can mostly be done in the background by your autonomous freighters. There's really no need to build any station/complex for it other than the microchips because if you start early enough, you can simply trade your way through all the needed wares except for the MC's.

Another piece of advice: it's not necessary to complete one plot before starting another. Fnal Fury is another longterm project, albeit not as long as the Hub by any measure. So you can work on other plots at the same time, for example, the Hub plot.

As long as starting one plot doesn't depend on completing another (there are a few of those) then you should feel free to work on more than one at once. This way, you don't get bored of just one activity - the Hub is all trading and Final Fury is all fighting. So mix it up a bit and you'll find it more enjoyable.

Finally, most missions in the plots do not have to be completed in any given amount of time, so feel free to break off from all the plots and do other things for a while if you like. Generic missions, personal trading and exploring, random battles with pirates and Xenon, are some of the activities you can take part in while taking a break from the scripted plots.

Enjoy. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 00:40

Nanook wrote:The Hub is such a long term endeavor that it can mostly be done in the background by your autonomous freighters. There's really no need to build any station/complex for it other than the microchips because if you start early enough, you can simply trade your way through all the needed wares except for the MC's.
Indeed.

For the minerals, mobile mining is sufficient. With the Bonuspack's CAG and CLS commands it can be set up to run automatically.

For a quite while I did gather materials from the NPC only, but eventually surrendered to the MC demands and did build 3 Complexes. Each had 36 Chip plants, so 108 in total. No other Stations.

The GoD is said to be merciless to the Terran. Therefore, the Terran stations should be protected from early on, probably with "CLS2 trapper" ships.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

brandnewiain
x3ap

Post by brandnewiain » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 00:46

@Ripskar
Wow, thanks. That'll make my life so much easier
Bill Huntington wrote: The HUB plot in TC is special !! The longest part is MC. I usually build the biggest complex I can in Barren Shores as early as I can and build and save MC. The limit is how many big Solars you can support.
At least I know that once the plot is over I'll be able to support half the galaxy with my industry
Nanook wrote: Another piece of advice: it's not necessary to complete one plot before starting another. Fnal Fury is another longterm project, albeit not as long as the Hub by any measure. So you can work on other plots at the same time, for example, the Hub plot.
Yeah, think that's probably what I'll end up doing. Been trying to rush to the Aldrin plot so I'll be able to at least build myself a Matter/Antimatter Launcher for my Corvette and the whole "bail out the Terrans" thing

krait_daoc
x3tc

Post by krait_daoc » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 12:47

I usually use the unknown sector (7:16) south of Spring of Belief for a complex - 1st for Xtals and then change it to a Chip complex for the later plot and then for profits.
:)

Bgas - L - x8 then x12
Bgas - M - x2 - x2
Bofu - L - x8 - then x12
Bofu - M - x2 - x2
Xtal - L - x8 - x8
Xtal - M - x2 - x2
Sil 64 - L - x5 - x5
SPP - L - x2 - then x3
SPP - XL - x1 - x1
Chip - x0 - then x20

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Fri, 21. Apr 17, 17:11

jlehtone wrote:The GoD is said to be merciless to the Terran. Therefore, the Terran stations should be protected from early on, probably with "CLS2 trapper" ships.
I often park a bailed M5 in as many of the Terran factories as possible, as I acquire them, insuring that the factories aren't removed.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”