Annoying station greetings

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

peppy tails
x3tc

Annoying station greetings

Post by peppy tails » Mon, 24. Apr 17, 07:08

hello i was wondering if anyone knew of a mod that eliminates what i consider to be annoying station greetings? If it doesn't exist may i kindly request a super mod guru possibly take a peak at it? :)

I dock ALOT and i get tired of hearing not just the argon version of species greetings. It's a bit overwhelming and i find myself hitting C for comms and hitting ESC immediately to hush one of the two greetings.

"on behalf of our president and senator the argon federation welcomes you to this station" *skippable as mentioned, though a hassle*

"CONNECTION TO LOCAL TRADING NETWORK, THAT YOU ALREADY HAD A CONNECTION TO VIA TRADE SHIPS AND SATELLITES, ESTABLISHED". *god awful annoying*

Thanks for any replies!
With enough mods X:Rebirth has a mildly working economy. After about 7 of each kind of auto trader sent out by me there were finally enough traders helping the universe.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 24. Apr 17, 10:55

The easiest way to eliminate any of the speech is to simply set its duration to 0.

all of the speech is defined in the 00144.xml/pck file. Search the main text file to find the text, then find the same page and id in the 00144.xml file and set the duration value to 0.

peppy tails
x3tc

Post by peppy tails » Mon, 24. Apr 17, 18:47

Not gonna lie i did my best and downloaded an xml notepad to try and open the file and i couldn't even get that far :P I have the steam version and its a .dat file rather than an .xml if that makes a difference. When i do get into this file, if i set duration to 0 do i do that for each line i don't want to hear or does it do it universally? (i shall continue to try and get it open but i honestly do not know what i am doing ^_^)
With enough mods X:Rebirth has a mildly working economy. After about 7 of each kind of auto trader sent out by me there were finally enough traders helping the universe.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 24. Apr 17, 19:07

Little misunderstanding here. 00144.dat is the file containing all the recorded sound files. While 00044.pck is the file containing the references between the main text file and the sound file.
You should be able to extract the 00044.pck (a packed .xml file) using 7zip or by adding it to a cat/dat file using the Catalog Manager of the X3 Editor 2 by doubleshadow and extracting it from that cat/dat afterwards again. You also have to use the X3 Editor 2, and its virtual file system (VFS), to get the latest English text file from the game (0001-L044.xml). Once you have both, you can compare the page and text id of the respective text entry in 0001-L044.xml with the ones in 00044.xml to find the corresponding voice entry and set its duration to zero.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

peppy tails
x3tc

Post by peppy tails » Wed, 26. Apr 17, 06:23

Went and got the editor, thanks for the tip on that! The 00044 file wont open under cat manager, it only allows it to be opened via Tdebugger and text resource editor respectively. The tdebugger shows a multitude of numbered ID's with no info on them, but shows even more numbered ID's within each number.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 26. Apr 17, 10:57

in the 00044 file, the first ID is the page id (which is groups of texts) then the second one being the text id.

you need to goto the correct page and text id, and edit the duration value there

you can find the page and text id by loading the main text file, t/0001-L044.pck
Then searching that for the text you are looking for.

the 0001-L044 file holds the actual text and the 00044 links that text to the sound file for the voice

peppy tails
x3tc

Post by peppy tails » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 01:55

excellent i feel like im nearly there with this, thanks for dealing with my unfamiliarity with all of this so far! I see a 0010-L044.pck but not a 0001 in the "t" file. Which program may i use to open this to view its contents properly? I believe the editor wont show them to me and i don't seem to have the program to view it right. EDIT: I have also just noticed that there is a t file in the main x3tc directory and an additional t file in the addon's respective t file.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”