Cant play cause my ship freaks out and damages itself whenever I undock

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skoda Zek
x4

Cant play cause my ship freaks out and damages itself whenever I undock

Post by Skoda Zek » Wed, 26. Apr 17, 18:44

How do I make this stop.

Every time I undock (even after repairing my ship) my ship spins violently while my character is walking to his seat and by the time he gets there my ship is like 2 km away from the docking port having smashed through walls etc.
- Skoda Zek

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 26. Apr 17, 21:41

I get a slight vector on the Skunk when undocking from platforms, but nothing quite as violent as you describe. I vaguely recall that the undocking vector may be affected by the direction and speed you were travelling when you used the dock command on approaching the platform.

What is your game version and is it modded?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 26. Apr 17, 23:03

Are you playing with mouse & keyboard or with some controller? If the latter then check your settings; also possible the controller is faulty.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 14:52

An idea. Do you play with a joystick?
If so, is the gas throttle "on" when you leave the station?
From memory, the ship should be locked until ren is seated in the cockpit, but maybe some bugs were induced with 4.10 (couldn't try it yet)

Otherwise, could it come from some mods?
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

X-Me

Post by X-Me » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 15:36

I'm afraid it's no mod's fault.
Happens to me too. I did report it during beta. And it's frustrating to discover that it *still* happens (did they even look into it?)
I had also reported another issue, and a long standing one at that, and it TOO still happens. I refuse to comment on it further. What for, anyway?

As for this spinning issue... if it's not a violent thing for you other gents: lucky you -really-, but for me it's unplayable. Like the OP. Be my guest as to why it doesn't seem to happen for every player.

I've kind of given up on this game. Every update breaks new stuff up in ever creative ways and doesn't fix all of the outstanding issues. Whatever development method and schedule they follow it's inadeguate to guarantee a minimum quality of service. Facts speak for themselves here, there's no debating it.
Funny how the money I spent on this game was, is, and always shall be faultless, keeping just as good as the day I spent it. In hindsight it wasn't a fair trade.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 22:57

X-Me wrote:I'm afraid it's no mod's fault.
Happens to me too. I did report it during beta. And it's frustrating to discover that it *still* happens (did they even look into it?)
I had also reported another issue, and a long standing one at that, and it TOO still happens. I refuse to comment on it further. What for, anyway?

As for this spinning issue... if it's not a violent thing for you other gents: lucky you -really-, but for me it's unplayable. Like the OP. Be my guest as to why it doesn't seem to happen for every player.

I've kind of given up on this game. Every update breaks new stuff up in ever creative ways and doesn't fix all of the outstanding issues. Whatever development method and schedule they follow it's inadeguate to guarantee a minimum quality of service. Facts speak for themselves here, there's no debating it.
Funny how the money I spent on this game was, is, and always shall be faultless, keeping just as good as the day I spent it. In hindsight it wasn't a fair trade.
Odd. I just looked in the Tech Support Forum and I didn't see where you ever asked for help. Automatically assuming it's a bug in the program doesn't mean it is, and it's not very helpful.

@Skoda Zek: If you'd like some help resolving your problem, you could start a thread in the Tech Support forum and supply the required information listed in the first sticky. We'd be glad to try and resolve it for you.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Wheem
x4

Post by Wheem » Fri, 28. Apr 17, 04:29

There was a post ( https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=394423 ) on the beta forums about this, but the OP was a different person. Of course, it does seem like the beta-post OP and myself aren't experiencing quite the same degree of undocking issues, and my ship has never been damaged by this problem.

For me personally, it seems like the Skunk typically wants to "barrel roll" to the right when this happens, leaving me rotated <= 90 degree in that direction. When it comes to leaving stations or "external" docks on ships, this seems to be all that occurs. But "internal" docks - like a Rahanas or Light/Heavy Sul - can sometimes (but not always) cause some pretty violent spinning/bouncing inside the ship. There have been several occasions where such violent movements end up with me glitching through the structure of the ship I'm trying to depart, and being moved out into space a bit.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”