Rebirth finally worth playing?.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Blayda the Bear

Rebirth finally worth playing?.

Post by Blayda the Bear » Sat, 29. Apr 17, 04:27

Is this now playable ?.

Ive not even looked at this since I uninstalled in utter disgust after playing about 12 hours after launch.

I love the X universe and always did but even the mention of this game at release makes me want to just keep walking away.

However ,,, I want to give it a go ,,, is it worth it ?
Or am I going to feel let down all over again and just forget it ever existed?.

Cheers,,, Bear.

Observe
xr

Re: Rebirth finally worth playing?.

Post by Observe » Sat, 29. Apr 17, 04:36

Much has improved since early versions and this sits well for those who enjoy the game. I suspect that most of those who didn't like the game at launch, still are not going to like it for a variety of reasons.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 29. Apr 17, 08:36

4.10 is waaay better than version 1.0, but still you should install and play it for 2-3 hours to check if it's now playable for you.

Many painfull and stupid things have been fixed but there are still rough edges here and there.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 29. Apr 17, 16:02

Loads better than V1.0.
Allot added in from X3, SETA, Jump Drive for Skunk, better maps/navigation.
Can't name all the improvements but it's allot better.

assemblerbot
x3tc

Post by assemblerbot » Sat, 29. Apr 17, 16:20

You have to try it out. Some people love it some don't.

I personally tried the game after each update and every time I ended up after 2-3 hours, uninstalled it and started X3:TC or X3:AP again. Sitting in a heavy ship and controlling drones is just not what I'm willing to do. :-)

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Sat, 29. Apr 17, 17:31

Besides the changes to the core game mechanics, which can be a hit or miss based on personal preference, there are still a few issues left, primarily with AI and path finding, the lack of fleet management, as well as tedious UI in some cases.

If the only thing which caused you to drop the game were the game-breaking bugs, then those are fixed. At least I haven't found any for quite a while.

I'm still playing it, so no deal breakers for me. I feel it's more of a "X3 remix", where the good and bad parts have been changed around randomly.

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Sat, 29. Apr 17, 22:20

Another good thing about 4.1 is the performance. I get a steady 60 fps in sectors where it would normally drop to 40-50 fps.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sun, 30. Apr 17, 10:44

I love X universe and always did...
But I uninstalled in first 12 hours...

Did you skip every X release to date? Did you have amnesia? There wasn't a single X game besides maaaayyyybe X:T that wasn't broken on release.

Or are you just trolling here for attention? Yep... that sounds a lot more plausible.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Alandauron
x4

Post by Alandauron » Sun, 30. Apr 17, 20:22

hisazul wrote:Or are you just trolling here for attention? Yep... that sounds a lot more plausible.
While this may be plausible, harsh dude :P

I like the game, others don't, install and try it out to see if it is something you can enjoy!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 30. Apr 17, 21:53

@ hisazul: Leave the forum moderation to the forum officials please and refrain from public accusations of trolling. If you have concerns about another poster's intentions then in future please PM a forum official.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Veeshan
x3ap

Post by Veeshan » Mon, 1. May 17, 00:45

Since roughly the 2.0 patches, depending on bug tolerance. Still the occasional harsh lesson but that's why I'm here and not playing the 10,000 other excellent space sims.

As always, Save. Your. Game.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Wed, 3. May 17, 15:34

It's much improved compared to release version, and especially if you use many of the issue-fixing mods listed in the mods index. The campaign is pretty good, IMO, and otherwise it's an X game (you build your empire / stations / fleets of ships / etc.).

Alandauron
x4

Post by Alandauron » Thu, 4. May 17, 03:30

ajax34i wrote:It's much improved compared to release version, and especially if you use many of the issue-fixing mods listed in the mods index. The campaign is pretty good, IMO, and otherwise it's an X game (you build your empire / stations / fleets of ships / etc.).
This very much, there are several mods out that address some of the more tedious parts of the game. Without the mods the game is still playable, even if slightly less enjoyable.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 4. May 17, 23:46

Make sure the mods you add are applicable to the latest version tho; many are still out there that address issues that no longer exist in the base game (& therefore may break something seemingly unconnected)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 5. May 17, 00:45

World War X which I tried briefly on my old GT 630 Card that sadly caused my Game to crash.
Now that I updated my card to a 1060 I want to try WWX again, it's sadly not been updated for 4.10, as far back as 3.0 it seems.

I'm hoping it's updated eventually.

Alandauron
x4

Post by Alandauron » Fri, 5. May 17, 01:08

spankahontis wrote:I'm hoping it's updated eventually.
It sounds like it has been abandoned in favor of working on the major overhaul that's being kept up to date.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 5. May 17, 14:35

Alandauron wrote:
spankahontis wrote:I'm hoping it's updated eventually.
It sounds like it has been abandoned in favor of working on the major overhaul that's being kept up to date.
That's my understanding as well. WWX got discarded in favor of (and mostly integrated in) CWIR, which is pretty much in its final state according to the author.

He's recently started another massive project, too. But I expect it will take some time before it's out in the open...
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Wormhol3

Post by Wormhol3 » Tue, 6. Jun 17, 06:34

It's still nearly torture (water boarding?)but is almost a completed product.
Whoever wrote the menu and other interaction interfaces had multiple personality disorder and his main helper was one of his personalities that also had multiple personality disorder.

In one menu to get to data you hit #2 in another #4 in another joystick button 1

I finally reinstalled a week or so ago. Just went into a station to hack the trade terminal and have not guessed the correct button to hit to start the hack. Of course it is not the same as used to hack outside station modules.

Yeah rough edges like a chainsaw on bone
There is no circuit anywhere so perfect that an engineer can't screw up with a few "well placed" tweaks.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 03:41

I think 4.10 broke the AI of some ships. My Sucellus and balors are useless now. Canteran ships act like ork ships for they always ram into targets.

I hope Egosoft put more attetion into AI development in the future

Wormhol3

Post by Wormhol3 » Fri, 9. Jun 17, 18:00

Just ran into another bug. Cant identify what type of asteroid my ship is looking at. Just says asteroid now with no Ore Nividium Silicon etc.

Trying to find out if it is a known bug but searching these forums is like trying to find a needle in a pile of needles
There is no circuit anywhere so perfect that an engineer can't screw up with a few "well placed" tweaks.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”