Rebirth finally worth playing?.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alandauron
x4

Post by Alandauron » Fri, 5. May 17, 01:08

spankahontis wrote:I'm hoping it's updated eventually.
It sounds like it has been abandoned in favor of working on the major overhaul that's being kept up to date.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 5. May 17, 14:35

Alandauron wrote:
spankahontis wrote:I'm hoping it's updated eventually.
It sounds like it has been abandoned in favor of working on the major overhaul that's being kept up to date.
That's my understanding as well. WWX got discarded in favor of (and mostly integrated in) CWIR, which is pretty much in its final state according to the author.

He's recently started another massive project, too. But I expect it will take some time before it's out in the open...
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Wormhol3

Post by Wormhol3 » Tue, 6. Jun 17, 06:34

It's still nearly torture (water boarding?)but is almost a completed product.
Whoever wrote the menu and other interaction interfaces had multiple personality disorder and his main helper was one of his personalities that also had multiple personality disorder.

In one menu to get to data you hit #2 in another #4 in another joystick button 1

I finally reinstalled a week or so ago. Just went into a station to hack the trade terminal and have not guessed the correct button to hit to start the hack. Of course it is not the same as used to hack outside station modules.

Yeah rough edges like a chainsaw on bone
There is no circuit anywhere so perfect that an engineer can't screw up with a few "well placed" tweaks.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 03:41

I think 4.10 broke the AI of some ships. My Sucellus and balors are useless now. Canteran ships act like ork ships for they always ram into targets.

I hope Egosoft put more attetion into AI development in the future

Wormhol3

Post by Wormhol3 » Fri, 9. Jun 17, 18:00

Just ran into another bug. Cant identify what type of asteroid my ship is looking at. Just says asteroid now with no Ore Nividium Silicon etc.

Trying to find out if it is a known bug but searching these forums is like trying to find a needle in a pile of needles
There is no circuit anywhere so perfect that an engineer can't screw up with a few "well placed" tweaks.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 9. Jun 17, 18:33

@ Wormhol3: Not a bug. You have to target asteroids when within 5 km of them to see their mineral details. I'm pretty sure it was always like that. There is a visual guide to asteroid mineral types linked here and in the X Rebirth wiki too.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”